Levofloxacin + Ornidazole
Information about Levofloxacin + Ornidazole
Levofloxacin + ornidazole uses
How levofloxacin + ornidazole works
This is a combination of two antibiotics: Levofloxacin and Ornidazole. Levofloxacin works by preventing the bacterial cells from dividing and repairing, thereby killing the bacteria. Ornidazole kills parasites and anaerobic bacteria that cause infections by damaging their DNA. Together, they treat your infection effectively.
Common side effects of levofloxacin + ornidazole
Nausea, Loss of appetite, Dizziness, Headache
Available Medicine for Levofloxacin + Ornidazole
- ₹70 to ₹99Lupin Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹58Mankind Pharma Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹125Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹90Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹91Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹74Koye Pharmaceuticals Pvt ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹98Maneesh Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹45 to ₹76Moraceae Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹58 to ₹105Shrinivas Gujarat Laboratories Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹33Hetero Drugs Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Levofloxacin + Ornidazole
- Your doctor has prescribed this combination medicine for the treatment of diarrhea and dysentery.
- Diarrhea can cause dehydration. Drink plenty of fluids to help rehydrate you.
- Consult your doctor if your diarrhea lasts for more than 48 hours.
- Do not use Levofloxacin + Ornidazole if you have blood in your stool or if you are severely constipated.
- It may cause dizziness and sleepiness. Do not drive or do anything that requires mental focus until you know how it affects you.
- Avoid consuming alcohol when taking Levofloxacin + Ornidazole as it may irritate your stomach and also cause excessive drowsiness.
- Notify your doctor if you feel pain in your tendons, numbness, or tingling sensations.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to conceive or breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for Levofloxacin + Ornidazole
Levofloxacin + Ornidazole
Q. What if I don't get better after using Levofloxacin+Ornidazole?
Inform your doctor if you don't feel better after finishing the full course of treatment. Also, inform him if your symptoms are getting worse while using this medicine.
Q. Can I stop taking Levofloxacin+Ornidazole when I feel better?
No, do not stop taking Levofloxacin+Ornidazole and complete the full course of treatment even if you are feeling better. Your symptoms may improve before the infection is completely cured.
Q. What if I miss my dose?
Take Levofloxacin+Ornidazole as soon as you remember it. However, do not take it if it's almost time for your next dose. Also, do not take an extra dose to make up for your missed dose.