Information about Levocloperastine
Levocloperastine is used in the treatment of dry cough.
How levocloperastine works
Levocloperastine is an antitussive (cough suppressants). It suppresses cough by reducing the activity of cough centre in the brain.
Common side effects of levocloperastine
Nausea, Palpitations, Drowsiness, Dizziness, Dry mouth, Fainting, Fatigue, Headache, Hydrodipsomania (periodic episodes of uncontrollable thirst), Loss of appetite, Sleepiness
Available Medicine for Levocloperastine
- ₹95Lupin Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹87Abbott1 variant(s)
- ₹58 to ₹82Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹95Alkem Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹62Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹60S H Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹46 to ₹47Akumentis Healthcare Ltd2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Levocloperastine
- Do not drive or operate machinery as levocloperastine may cause dizziness.
- Do not consume alcohol as it may worsen the side effects.
- Do not consume this drug if you are allergic to levocloperastine or any of its ingredients.
- Do not consume this drug if you have excessive discharge of mucus, severe liver impairment.
- Patients with hypertension, cardiovascular disease, uncontrolled diabetes mellitus, hyperthyroidism, seizures should not consume this drug
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.