Information about Levocloperastine
Levocloperastine is used in the treatment of dry cough.
How Levocloperastine works
Levocloperastine is an antitussive (cough suppressants). It suppresses cough by reducing the activity of cough centre in the brain.
Common side effects of Levocloperastine
Nausea, Palpitations, Drowsiness, Dizziness, Dryness in mouth, Fainting, Fatigue, Headache, Hydrodipsomania (periodic episodes of uncontrollable thirst), Loss of appetite, Sleepiness
Available Medicine for Levocloperastine
₹130 to ₹1392 variant(s)
Grilinctus-LFranco-Indian Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
ZerotussAristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹74 to ₹992 variant(s)
Soventus-DCZuventus Healthcare Ltd
UltitussAlkem Laboratories Ltd
Altime DS H Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Aerodil LPZydus Cadila
Zyrcold DDr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd
TuscureAkumentis Healthcare Ltd
Expert advice for Levocloperastine
- You have been prescribed Levocloperastine for the symptomatic relief of dry cough.
- It is usually taken for a short time, until the symptoms clear up.
- Measure the syrup with a special dose-measuring spoon or cup, not a regular table spoon.
- Drink extra fluids to help loosen the congestion and lubricate your throat while you are taking this medication.
- It should not be administered to patients with chronic cough or where cough is accompanied by excessive secretions.
- Inform your doctor if your cough lasts more than 7 days, comes back, or occurs with fever, rash or headache. These could be signs of a serious condition.