Levocetirizine + Montelukast
Information about Levocetirizine + Montelukast
Levocetirizine + montelukast uses
Levocetirizine+Montelukast is used for sneezing and runny nose due to allergies.
How levocetirizine + montelukast works
This is a combination of two medicines: Levocetirizine and Montelukast, which relieves sneezing and runny nose due to allergies. Levocetirizine is an antiallergic which blocks a chemical messenger (histamine) responsible for runny nose, watery eyes and sneezing. Montelukast is a leukotriene antagonist. It works by blocking another chemical messenger (leukotriene). This reduces inflammation (swelling) in the airways and nose, and improves symptoms.
Common side effects of levocetirizine + montelukast
Nausea, Diarrhea, Vomiting, Dryness in mouth, Headache, Skin rash, Flu-like symptoms, Fatigue, Sleepiness
Available Medicine for Levocetirizine + Montelukast
- ₹97 to ₹165Cipla Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹89 to ₹149Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹94 to ₹223Lupin Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹40 to ₹100Mankind Pharma Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹89 to ₹245Fourrts India Laboratories Pvt Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹90 to ₹253Zydus Cadila3 variant(s)
- ₹35 to ₹59Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹77 to ₹141Alembic Pharmaceuticals Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹38 to ₹84Hetero Drugs Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹64 to ₹123Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd3 variant(s)
Expert advice for Levocetirizine + Montelukast
- You have been prescribed Levocetirizine + Montelukast to help relieve symptoms of allergy such as runny nose, sneezing, watery eyes, and cough.
- Be cautious while driving or doing anything that requires concentration as Levocetirizine + Montelukast can cause dizziness and sleepiness.
- Do not drink alcohol while taking Levocetirizine + Montelukast as it may cause increased sleepiness.
- Dry mouth may occur as a side effect. Frequent mouth rinses, good oral hygiene, increased water intake and sugarless candy may help.
- Stop taking Levocetirizine + Montelukast at least three days before taking an allergy test as it can affect the test results.
Frequently asked questions for Levocetirizine + Montelukast
Levocetirizine + Montelukast
Q. What is Levocetirizine+Montelukast?
Levocetirizine+Montelukast is a combination of two medicines: Montelukast and Levocetirizine. Levocetirizine is an antiallergic which helps to relieve allergy symptoms like runny nose, sneezing, watery eyes and cough. It works by lowering chemicals in the body that cause allergy symptoms. Montelukast works by blocking another chemical messenger (leukotriene) and reduces inflammation (swelling) in the airways and nose. This further helps to relieve the symptoms.
Q. Can the use of Levocetirizine+Montelukast cause drowsiness or sleepiness?
Yes, the most common side effect of Levocetirizine+Montelukast is sleepiness. Do not drive, operate heavy machinery or engage in other activities that need your full attention unless your doctor says that you may do so. Do not drink alcohol or take other central nervous system depressants, such as cough and cold medicines. Also avoid taking certain pain relief medicines and medicines that help you sleep as they can lead to severe drowsiness or can worsen it, causing falls or accidents.
Q. Can Levocetirizine+Montelukast be stopped when allergy symptoms are relieved?
No, Levocetirizine+Montelukast should be continued as advised by the doctor. If you experience any side effects of this medicine or the symptoms of allergy are worsened, consult the doctor for re-evaluation.
Q. Can the use of Levocetirizine+Montelukast cause dry mouth?
Yes, the use of Levocetirizine+Montelukast can cause dry mouth. If you experience dry mouth, drink plenty of water. Take regular sips during the day and keep some water by your bed at night. You may use lip balm if your lips are also dry.
Q. Can I drink alcohol while taking Levocetirizine+Montelukast?
No, do not take alcohol while taking Levocetirizine+Montelukast. Drinking alcohol will increase the severity of drowsiness/sleepiness caused by Levocetirizine+Montelukast.
Q. Will Levocetirizine+Montelukast be more effective if taken in higher doses?
No, taking a higher dose of this medicine than recommended will not make it more effective. Consuming higher than the recommended dose of Levocetirizine+Montelukast can cause increased side effects. If the symptoms are getting severe, please consult the doctor for re-evaluation.
Q. What are the instructions for storage and disposal of Levocetirizine+Montelukast?
Keep this medicine in the container or the pack it came in, tightly closed. Store it according to the instructions mentioned on the pack or label. Dispose of the unused medicine. Make sure it is not consumed by pets, children, and other people.