Levocetirizine + Montelukast
Information about Levocetirizine + Montelukast
Levocetirizine + Montelukast Uses
Levocetirizine+Montelukast is used for sneezing and runny nose due to allergies, Hay fever and Allergic skin conditions.
How Levocetirizine + Montelukast works
Levocetirizine + Montelukast is a combination of two medicines: Levocetirizine and Montelukast, which relieves sneezing and runny nose due to allergies. Levocetirizine is an antiallergic which blocks a chemical messenger (histamine) responsible for runny nose, watery eyes and sneezing. Montelukast is a leukotriene antagonist. It works by blocking another chemical messenger (leukotriene). This reduces inflammation (swelling) in the airways and nose, and improves symptoms.
Common side effects of Levocetirizine + Montelukast
Diarrhea, Dryness in mouth, Fatigue, Headache, Sleepiness, Vomiting, Constipation, Abdominal pain, Otitis media (infection of ear), Influenza
Available Medicine for Levocetirizine + Montelukast
Montek LCSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
₹117 to ₹1973 variant(s)
MonticopeMankind Pharma Ltd
₹43 to ₹994 variant(s)
L MontusFourrts India Laboratories Pvt Ltd
₹106 to ₹3014 variant(s)
Montair LCCipla Ltd
₹127 to ₹3053 variant(s)
₹108 to ₹3054 variant(s)
Montina-LAristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹43 to ₹724 variant(s)
Laveta MAlembic Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹101 to ₹1843 variant(s)
Levocet MHetero Drugs Ltd
₹46 to ₹1003 variant(s)
Montemac-LMacleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹76 to ₹1354 variant(s)
Lecope-MMankind Pharma Ltd
₹69 to ₹992 variant(s)
Expert advice for Levocetirizine + Montelukast
- You have been prescribed Levocetirizine + Montelukast to help relieve symptoms of allergy such as runny nose, sneezing, watery eyes, and cough.
- Be cautious while driving or doing anything that requires concentration as Levocetirizine + Montelukast can cause dizziness and sleepiness.
- Do not drink alcohol while taking Levocetirizine + Montelukast as it may cause increased sleepiness.
- Dry mouth may occur as a side effect. Frequent mouth rinses, good oral hygiene, increased water intake and sugarless candy may help.
- Stop taking Levocetirizine + Montelukast at least three days before taking an allergy test as it can affect the test results.