Information about Levamisole
Levamisole is used in the treatment of parasitic worm infections.
How levamisole works
Levamisole belongs to class of medicines called imidazothiazoles. It works by slowing the growth of cancer cells and spread in the body. It also kills the worms by causing paralysis to worm muscles..
Common side effects of levamisole
Headache, Dizziness, Hair loss, Vomiting, Fever, Abnormal liver function tests, Nausea, Abdominal pain, Vertigo
Available Medicine for Levamisole
- ₹15 to ₹39Janssen Pharmaceuticals2 variant(s)
- ₹14 to ₹29Khandelwal Laboratories Pvt Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹19Rowan Bioceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹59Organic Laboratories1 variant(s)
- ₹20Iceberg Healthcare Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹31 to ₹89Glowderma Labs Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹142Tripada Biotec Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹33Alembic Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹18 to ₹28Ornate Labs Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹13M D C Pharmaceuticals P Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Levamisole
- Do not receive live vaccines during treatment with levamisole.
- Take precautions while using levamisole as it can lower your immunity. Avoid contact with people who have colds, the flu, or other contagious disease and also who have recently been vaccinated with a live vaccine.
- Do not consume alcohol while taking levamisole as it may worsen the side effects.
- Seek immediate medical attention if you experience any one of the following serious side effects: difficulty breathing; swelling of the lips, tongue, or face; decreased bone marrow function, extreme fatigue, fever, chills, or signs of infection; confusion or loss of consciousness, memory loss, muscle weakness, numbness or tingling; seizure, speech disturbances).
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for Levamisole
Q. Is Levamisole illegal/ safe/ a stimulant/ gets you high?
Levamisole is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor. It is not an illegal or a stimulant drug and it does not make you high
Q. How does Levamisole kill worms?
Levamisole kill the worms by causing paralysis to worm muscles
Q. What does Levamisole taste like?
Levasimole has a metallic taste.