Information about Lanthanum Carbonate
Lanthanum carbonate uses
Lanthanum Carbonate is used in the treatment of increased phosphate levels in blood. It is used in patients with kidney problems and on dialysis.
How lanthanum carbonate works
Lanthanum Carbonate inhibits the absorption of phosphate from the intestine and lower the phosphate levels in the blood.
Common side effects of lanthanum carbonate
Headache, Nausea, Vomiting, Abdominal pain, Flatulence, Constipation, Diarrhoea, Dyspepsia, Decreased calcium level in blood
Available Medicine for Lanthanum Carbonate
- ₹408 to ₹818Panacea Biotec Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹81 to ₹164Wockhardt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹15 to ₹220La Renon Healthcare Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Lanthanum Carbonate
• Lanthanum carbonate is not recommended in children.
• Inform your doctor that you are taking lanthanum carbonate as it interferes with stomach x-rays.
• You will be regularly monitored with lab test, including phosphate levels while using lanthanum carbonate
• Do not take non-prescription antacids while taking lanthanum carbonate.
• Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
• It should not be given to patients allergic to lanthanum carbonate or any of its ingredients.
• Lanthanum carbonate should not be given to patients having a blockage in bowels (eg, ileus, impaction).