Lanthanum Carbonate is used in the treatment of increased phosphate levels in blood
How it works
Lapain and swelling of the nthanum carbonate belongs to class of drugs called phosphate binder. It blocks the phosphate absorption from food thereby reducing phosphate and calcium phosphate levels in the blood.
Common side effects
Headache, Nausea, Vomiting, Abdominal pain, Flatulence, Constipation, Diarrhoea, Dyspepsia, Decreased calcium level in blood
- ₹408 to ₹818Panacea Biotec Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹18 to ₹220La Renon Healthcare Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹81 to ₹164Wockhardt Ltd2 variant(s)
• Lanthanum carbonate is not recommended in children.
• Inform your doctor that you are taking lanthanum carbonate as it interferes with stomach x-rays.
• You will be regularly monitored with lab test, including phosphate levels while using lanthanum carbonate
• Do not take non-prescription antacids while taking lanthanum carbonate.
• Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
• It should not be given to patients allergic to lanthanum carbonate or any of its ingredients.
• Lanthanum carbonate should not be given to patients having a blockage in bowels (eg, ileus, impaction).