Information about Lanthanum Carbonate
Lanthanum Carbonate Uses
Lanthanum Carbonate is used in the treatment of High phosphate levels in blood. It is used in patients with kidney problems and on dialysis.
How Lanthanum Carbonate works
Lanthanum Carbonate inhibits the absorption of phosphate from the intestine and lower the phosphate levels in the blood.
Common side effects of Lanthanum Carbonate
Headache, Nausea, Vomiting, Abdominal pain, Flatulence, Constipation, Diarrhea, Indigestion, Decreased calcium level in blood
Expert advice for Lanthanum Carbonate
- Lanthanum Carbonate is used to control blood phosphate level in patients that are on dialysis treatment.
- You must take it with food and stick to the diet prescribed by your doctor.
- You may develop low levels of calcium, folic acid, and vitamins A,D,E, and K in your blood. Your doctor may prescribe supplements, if necessary.
- Avoid taking any other medicine 1 hour before or 3 hours after taking Lanthanum Carbonate.
- Inform your doctor if you have nausea, vomiting, constipation, pain in the abdomen, or if you have undergone any major stomach surgery.