L-alanyl-L-glutamine is used in the treatment of nutritional deficiencies
How it works
L-alanyl-L-glutamine belongs to class of drugs called amino acids. It works by inhibiting the muscle break down and increases the synthesis of muscle proteins and also it improves electrolyte and water absorption in the intestines and increases the body’s natural defense mechanism.
Common side effects
• You should not take L-alanyl-L-glutamine more than 3 weeks.
• You will be regularly monitored for liver function especially if you have liver disease.
• L-alanyl-L-glutamine is not recommended in children.
• Patients who are allergic to L-alanyl-L-glutamine or any of its ingredients should not take it.
• Patients with severe kidney disease or liver disease insufficiency should not take Lalanyl-L-glutamine.