Information about Ketoconazole + Salicylic Acid
Ketoconazole + Salicylic Acid Uses
Ketoconazole+Salicylic Acid is used in the treatment of dandruff.
How Ketoconazole + Salicylic Acid works
Ketoconazole + Salicylic Acid is a combination of two medicines: Ketoconazole and Salicylic Acid which treat dandruff. Ketoconazole is an antifungal. It works by stopping the growth of dandruff-causing fungi by preventing them from forming their own protective covering. Salicylic Acid is a keratolytic medicine which helps break down the skin clumps on scalp and relieves itching and flaking associated with dandruff.
Common side effects of Ketoconazole + Salicylic Acid
Application site reactions (burning, irritation, itching and redness)
Available Medicine for Ketoconazole + Salicylic Acid
Salisia KTAjanta Pharma Ltd
₹116 to ₹3003 variant(s)
Phytoral SPMicro Labs Ltd
Kenz-SalKLM Laboratories Pvt Ltd
OlahairCadila Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹160 to ₹2853 variant(s)
₹60 to ₹1305 variant(s)
GalenusGalenus Pharma Pvt Ltd
₹52 to ₹3808 variant(s)
Hairdruff SCarise Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
KetsalInex Medicaments Pvt Ltd
SaldanRegaliz India Ltd
Expert advice for Ketoconazole + Salicylic Acid
- Ketoconazole + Salicylic Acid must be applied to the affected area as prescribed by your doctor.
- Do not use this medicine more often or for longer than advised by your doctor.
- Before each application, wash the affected area with soap and water and dry well.
- Avoid getting it in the eyes, mouth or nose. Rinse with cold water if you accidentally get it in these areas.
- Stop using Ketoconazole + Salicylic Acid and inform your doctor if you notice any irritation or any other skin infection.
- Inform your doctor if the treated skin area does not improve after 2-4 weeks of treatment.