Ixabepilone is used in the treatment of breast cancer
How it works
Ixabepilone works by damaging the genetic material (DNA) of the cancer cells and stops their growth and multiplication.
Common side effects
Nausea, Vomiting, Fatigue, Fever, Muscle pain, Musculoskeletal (bone, muscle or joint) pain, Mucosal inflammation, Decreased white blood cell count, Anemia, Joint pain, Hair loss, Reduced blood platelets, Peripheral sensory neuropathy, Nail disorder, Constipation, Loss of appetite, Diarrhoea, Decreased white blood cell count (neutrophils)
- ₹29290 to ₹79207Bms India Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- Seek medical advice if you notice symptoms of neuropathy, such as burning sensation, hyperesthesia, hypoesthesia, paresthesia, discomfort, or neuropathic pain.
- Avoid contact with people with colds or other infections as ixabepilone treatment may lower your immunity.
- Do not consume alcohol during ixabepilone treatment as it may worsen the side effects.
- Do not consume this drug if you are allergic to ixabepilone or any of its ingredients.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.