Ixabepilone is used in the treatment of breast cancer.
How it works
Ixabepilone belongs to class of medications called antineoplastic agents. It works by stopping the growth and spread of cancer cells in the body.
Common side effects
Vomiting, Nausea, Abdominal pain, Anemia, Muscle pain, Joint pain, Constipation, Diarrhoea, Fatigue, Hair loss, Headache, Loss of appetite, Black and bloody stools, Reduced blood platelets, Skin ulcer, Chills, Fever
- 2 variant(s)
- Seek medical advice if you notice symptoms of neuropathy, such as burning sensation, hyperesthesia, hypoesthesia, paresthesia, discomfort, or neuropathic pain.
- Avoid contact with people with colds or other infections as ixabepilone treatment may lower your immunity.
- Do not consume alcohol during ixabepilone treatment as it may worsen the side effects.
- Do not consume this drug if you are allergic to ixabepilone or any of its ingredients.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.