Information about Ixabepilone
Ixabepilone is used in the treatment of breast cancer.
How ixabepilone works
Ixabepilone is an anti-cancer medication. It works by damaging the genetic material (DNA) of the cancer cells and stops their growth and multiplication.
Common side effects of ixabepilone
Nausea, Vomiting, Fatigue, Fever, Muscle pain, Musculoskeletal (bone, muscle or joint) pain, Mucosal inflammation, Decreased white blood cell count, Anemia, Joint pain, Hair loss, Reduced blood platelets, Peripheral sensory neuropathy, Nail disorder, Constipation, Loss of appetite, Diarrhoea, Decreased white blood cell count (neutrophils)
Available Medicine for Ixabepilone
- ₹26590 to ₹71886Bms India Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Ixabepilone
- Seek medical advice if you notice symptoms of neuropathy, such as burning sensation, hyperesthesia, hypoesthesia, paresthesia, discomfort, or neuropathic pain.
- Avoid contact with people with colds or other infections as ixabepilone treatment may lower your immunity.
- Do not consume alcohol during ixabepilone treatment as it may worsen the side effects.
- Do not consume this drug if you are allergic to ixabepilone or any of its ingredients.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.