Information about Ivermectin
Ivermectin is used in the treatment of scabies and filariasis.
How ivermectin works
Ivermectin works by binding to muscle and nerve cells of worms, causing their paralysis and death.
Common side effects of ivermectin
Erythematous rash, Itching, Dry skin, Paresthesia (tingling or pricking sensation)
Available Medicine for Ivermectin
- ₹23 to ₹71Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹88 to ₹125Ajanta Pharma Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹17 to ₹31Mankind Pharma Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹22Bennet Pharmaceuticals Limited1 variant(s)
- ₹13 to ₹23Menarini India Pvt Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹20 to ₹30Pulse Pharmaceuticals2 variant(s)
- ₹35 to ₹45NuLife Pharmaceuticals2 variant(s)
- ₹60 to ₹90Tripada Biotec Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹19Rowan Bioceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹15 to ₹22Psychotropics India Ltd2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Ivermectin
- Ivermectin lotion should not be used for children under 6 months of age.
- Ivermectin should be taken empty stomach with water.
- Ivermectin tablets should not be given to children under 5 years of age and weight under 15 kg.
- Do not take/apply ivermectin and consult your doctor if you are sensitive to ivermectin or any other ingredient to tablet/cream/lotion; or if you have concurrent loa loa infection; suffering from brain problems, bleeding disorder, or asthma.
- Avoid using ivermectin if you are pregnant or breast-feeding.
Frequently asked questions for Ivermectin
Q. Can humans take Ivermectin for worms, roundworms, fleas, and ringworm?
Ivermectin can be taken for worms, roundworms, flea, and ringworm
Q. Is Ivermectin harmful to humans?
Ivermectin is relatively safe if used as recommended. In case of any side effects, consult your doctor
Q. Does Ivermectin kill scabies?
Ivermectin kills scabies
Q. Does Ivermectin kill scabies eggs?
Ivermectin does not kills scabies eggs. A single dose can cure scabies.
Q. Is Ivermectin/Ivomec a steroid?
Ivermectin is not a steroid
Q. Is Ivermectin safe?
Ivermectin is relatively safe if used as recommended
Q. Is Ivermectin sold over the counter?
No, Ivermectin is available only against prescription.
Q. How often can I take Ivermectin for scabies?
Please consult your doctor for the dose and duration required