Ispaghula is used in the treatment of constipation.
How it works
Ispaghula husk absorbs more water and add bulk (fiber) in the intestine and promotes normal bowel movement.
Common side effects
Abdominal bloating, Flatulence, Intestinal obstruction, Gastrointestinal discomfort
AVAILABLE MEDICINENo medicine available
- Together with Ispaghula, fiber rich diet containing whole grain bread and cereals, bran, fruits and green leafy vegetables, is essential to maintain healthy bowel function.
- Avoid taking a Ispaghula for more than 1 week, unless prescribed by the doctor, as it leads to dependency on the laxative action to produce a bowel movement.
- Take Ispaghula after 2 hours from other medicines, as it may interfere with the absorption of other medicines.
- A Ispaghula should be preferably taken at bedtime because it requires 6 to 8 hours to show impact.
- Do not try to swallow Ispaghula in the dry form. It should be taken with full glass of water or fruit juice.