Information about Ispaghula
Ispaghula is used in the treatment of constipation.
How ispaghula works
Ispaghula absorbs water and makes the stool soft and bulky, easier to pass.
Common side effects of ispaghula
Bloating, Abdominal distension.
Available Medicine for IspaghulaNo medicine available
Expert advice for Ispaghula
- Together with Ispaghula, fiber rich diet containing whole grain bread and cereals, bran, fruits and green leafy vegetables, is essential to maintain healthy bowel function.
- Avoid taking a Ispaghula for more than 1 week, unless prescribed by the doctor, as it leads to dependency on the laxative action to produce a bowel movement.
- Take Ispaghula after 2 hours from other medicines, as it may interfere with the absorption of other medicines.
- A Ispaghula should be preferably taken at bedtime because it requires 6 to 8 hours to show impact.
- Do not try to swallow Ispaghula in the dry form. It should be taken with full glass of water or fruit juice.