Isopropyl alcohol is used for antisepsis (prevention of infection by inhibiting or arresting the growth and multiplication of germs on body tissues) and disinfection (cleanse or prevent the growth of disease-carrying microorganisms on instruments and devices).
How it works
Isopropyl alcohol belongs to the class of medications called as antibacterial disinfectants. It acts by killing the bacteria thereby preventing the infection.
Common side effects
Burning sensation, Itching
AVAILABLE MEDICINENo medicine available
- Do not apply on irritated skin.
- Avoid direct contact with eyes or mucous membranes.
- Do not apply over large areas of the body.
- Inform your doctor if symptoms do not disappear after 7 days of use.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- Do not take if allergic to isopropyl alcohol or any of its ingredients.
Frequently asked questions
Q. Does isopropyl alcohol freeze or evaporate?
Isopropyl alcohol doesn’t freeze but evaporates.
Q. Does isopropyl alcohol kill mold, fungus, lice?
Isopropyl alcohol kills most of the fungus but not spores/mold or lice.