Isoniazid + Pyrazinamide + Rifampicin
Information about Isoniazid + Pyrazinamide + Rifampicin
Isoniazid + Pyrazinamide + Rifampicin Uses
Isoniazid+Pyrazinamide+Rifampicin is used in the treatment of tuberculosis.
How Isoniazid + Pyrazinamide + Rifampicin works
Isoniazid + Pyrazinamide + Rifampicin is a combination of three medicines: Isoniazid , Pyrazinamide and Rifampicin which treat tuberculosis. Isoniazid prevents the TB bacteria from forming their own protective covering while Rifampicin works by inactivating a bacterial enzyme (RNA-polymerase) which is required by these bacteria to make essential proteins and to reproduce. Together, they kill the bacteria and eradicate the infection. Pyrazinamide , on the other hand works by slowing the growth of these bacteria.
Common side effects of Isoniazid + Pyrazinamide + Rifampicin
Nausea, Vomiting, Fever, Rash, Dark colored urine, Sweating, Increased sputum production, Salivation, Watery eyes, Peripheral neuropathy (tingling and numbness of feet and hand), Increased liver enzymes, Jaundice, Increased uric acid level in blood, Gout
Available Medicine for Isoniazid + Pyrazinamide + Rifampicin
Macox-ZHMacleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹43 to ₹532 variant(s)
R-Cinex ZLupin Ltd
₹15 to ₹352 variant(s)
Rinizide ForteLupin Ltd
Akurit Z KidLupin Ltd
Vicox 3Shrinivas Gujarat Laboratories Pvt Ltd
₹35 to ₹482 variant(s)
RF 3 ForteSunij Pharma Pvt Ltd
RF 3Sunij Pharma Pvt Ltd
MontoripShreya Life Sciences Pvt Ltd
₹16 to ₹423 variant(s)
Binex ZAlbert David Ltd
₹10 to ₹222 variant(s)
RifaterSanofi India Ltd
Expert advice for Isoniazid + Pyrazinamide + Rifampicin
- Isoniazid + Pyrazinamide + Rifampicin should be taken on an empty stomach but at the same time every day.
- Do not skip any doses and finish the full course of treatment even if you feel better.
- It may cause dizziness. Don't drive or do anything that requires mental focus until you know how Isoniazid + Pyrazinamide + Rifampicin affects you.
- Avoid drinking alcohol while taking this medicine as this may increase the risk of side effects on the liver.
- Avoid taking hormone-based birth control methods as Isoniazid + Pyrazinamide + Rifampicin may decrease their effectiveness.
- Your doctor may monitor your liver function, vision and thyroid function while on treatment with this medicine.