Irbesartan + Hydrochlorothiazide
Information about Irbesartan + Hydrochlorothiazide
Irbesartan + hydrochlorothiazide uses
Irbesartan+Hydrochlorothiazide is used in the treatment of high blood pressure.
How irbesartan + hydrochlorothiazide works
This is a combination of two medicines: Irbesartan and hydrochlorothiazide which lower blood pressure effectively. Irbesartan is an angiotensin receptor blocker (ARB). It works by blocking the hormone angiotensin thereby relaxing blood vessels. This allows the blood to flow more smoothly and the heart to pump more efficiently. Hydrochlorothiazide is a diuretic that removes extra water and certain electrolytes from the body. Over time it also relaxes blood vessels and improves blood flow.
Common side effects of irbesartan + hydrochlorothiazide
Nausea, Altered taste, Stomach upset, Diarrhoea, Weakness, Dizziness, Headache, Glucose intolerance, Increased blood uric acid, Increased blood lipid level, Electrolyte imbalance, Decreased blood pressure
Available Medicine for Irbesartan + Hydrochlorothiazide
- ₹131Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹225Abbott1 variant(s)
- ₹269Vivid Biotek Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹320Sanofi India Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Irbesartan + Hydrochlorothiazide
- You have been prescribed Irbesartan + Hydrochlorothiazide for the treatment of high blood pressure. It decreases the risk of stroke and heart attacks.
- It can be taken with or without food.
- Irbesartan + Hydrochlorothiazide may cause dehydration. Drink plenty of fluids and Inform your doctor if you develop extreme thirst, muscle weakness or very dry mouth.
- It may cause dizziness. Get up slowly when rising from a sitting or lying position.
- Irbesartan + Hydrochlorothiazide is not safe to use if you're pregnant or breastfeeding.