Irbesartan + Hydrochlorothiazide
Information about Irbesartan + Hydrochlorothiazide
Irbesartan + Hydrochlorothiazide Uses
Irbesartan+Hydrochlorothiazide is used in the treatment of Hypertension (high blood pressure).
How Irbesartan + Hydrochlorothiazide works
Irbesartan + Hydrochlorothiazide is a combination of two medicines: Irbesartan and hydrochlorothiazide which lower blood pressure effectively. Irbesartan is an angiotensin receptor blocker (ARB). It works by blocking the hormone angiotensin thereby relaxing blood vessels. This allows the blood to flow more smoothly and the heart to pump more efficiently. Hydrochlorothiazide is a diuretic that removes extra water and certain electrolytes from the body. Over time it also relaxes blood vessels and improves blood flow.
Common side effects of Irbesartan + Hydrochlorothiazide
Nausea, Taste change, Upset stomach, Diarrhea, Weakness, Dizziness, Headache, Glucose intolerance, Increased blood uric acid, Increased blood lipid level, Electrolyte imbalance, Decreased blood pressure
Available Medicine for Irbesartan + Hydrochlorothiazide
Irovel HSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
Debipro HGlobus Labs
Sebri HGrownbury Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
Irbesdak HDevak Formulations
Irbecard-HVivid Biotek Pvt Ltd
CoaprovelSanofi India Ltd
₹260 to ₹3292 variant(s)
Zognis HArk Life Sciences Pvt Ltd
Expert advice for Irbesartan + Hydrochlorothiazide
- You have been prescribed Irbesartan + Hydrochlorothiazide for the treatment of high blood pressure.
- It can be taken with or without food.
- Irbesartan + Hydrochlorothiazide may cause dehydration. Drink plenty of fluids and inform your doctor if you develop extreme thirst, very dry mouth or muscle weakness.
- It may cause dizziness. Get up slowly when rising from a sitting or lying position.
- Use of Irbesartan + Hydrochlorothiazide during pregnancy or breastfeeding is unsafe.
- It may also decrease the risk of stroke and heart attacks.