Information about Interferon Beta-1A
Interferon beta-1a uses
Interferon Beta-1A is used in the treatment of multiple sclerosis (MS).
How interferon beta-1a works
Interferon Beta-1A modulates the body's immune system.
Common side effects of interferon beta-1a
Headache, Sweating, Fever, Chills, Flu-like symptoms
Available Medicine for Interferon Beta-1A
- ₹6030Merck Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹6785Reliance Life Sciences1 variant(s)
- ₹9557Biogenetic Pharmaceuticals1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Interferon Beta-1A
• You will be regularly monitored with lab tests for liver function, thyroid function and blood cell count.
• Inform your doctor if you have history of liver related issues, blood problem (anaemia, bleeding or blood clots), bone marrow depression, heart disease, seizures (fits/convulsions), alcohol addiction, depression or suicidal thoughts.
• Seek medical attention if you notice symptoms of depression or have suicidal behaviour.
• Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
• Interferon beta 1A should not be given to patients who are allergic to Interferon Beta 1A or any of other Interferon Beta products or to human albumin.