Interferon Beta-1A is used in the treatment of multiple sclerosis (ms), hairy cell leukemia, melanoma, follicular lymphoma, genital warts (skin bumps on or around the genital or anal area), soft tissue sarcoma (cancer of soft tissue), chronic hepatitis C and chronic hepatitis B
How it works
Interferon Beta-1A modulates the body's immune system.
Common side effects
Headache, Sweating, Fever, Chills, Flu-like symptoms
• You will be regularly monitored with lab tests for liver function, thyroid function and blood cell count.
• Inform your doctor if you have history of liver related issues, blood problem (anaemia, bleeding or blood clots), bone marrow depression, heart disease, seizures (fits/convulsions), alcohol addiction, depression or suicidal thoughts.
• Seek medical attention if you notice symptoms of depression or have suicidal behaviour.
• Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
• Interferon beta 1A should not be given to patients who are allergic to Interferon Beta 1A or any of other Interferon Beta products or to human albumin.