Interferon Alpha 2B
Information about Interferon Alpha 2B
Interferon alpha 2b uses
Interferon Alpha 2B is used in the treatment of chronic hepatitis B virus (HBV) infection, chronic hepatitis C virus (HCV) infection, multiple myeloma, follicular lymphoma and hairy cell leukemia.
How interferon alpha 2b works
Interferon Alpha 2B modulates the body's immune system.
Common side effects of interferon alpha 2b
Headache, Dizziness, Blurred vision, Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping), Vomiting, Nausea, Dryness in mouth, Abdominal pain, Agitation, Pharyngitis, Decreased white blood cell count, Viral infection, Dyspepsia, Fatigue, Fever, Anxiety, Depression, Decreased appetite, Cough, Cocentration impaired, Nervousness, Stomatitis (Inflammation of the mouth)
Available Medicine for Interferon Alpha 2B
- ₹647 to ₹790Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹1175 to ₹1755Zydus Cadila2 variant(s)
- ₹14718 to ₹24530Fulford India Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹380 to ₹710Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹500 to ₹665Reliance Life Sciences2 variant(s)
- ₹892Sanofi India Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Interferon Alpha 2B
• Seek immediate medical attention if you observe unusual bleeding or bruising.
• You will be continuous monitored for complete blood cell count, liver function, kidney function, thyroid activity and serum electrolytes prior to and during the treatment of Interferon alpha 2β.
• Tell your doctor if you are being treated for psoriasis (a skin disorder characterized by red, itchy, scaly patches) as the condition may worsen after administration of interferon alpha 2β.
• Inform your doctor if you have a history of or develop any mental disorders such as depression or suicidal behaviors or cirrhosis or liver problems other than Hepatitis B or C.
• Exercise caution while taking interferon alpha 2β as you may develop flu like symptoms of a cold or respiratory infection such as fever, cough, or difficulty in breathing or any sort of allergic reaction.
• Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to get pregnant or breastfeeding.
• Patients allergic to Interferon alpha 2β or any of its ingredients should not take it.
• Interferon alpha 2-b should not be given to patients who have preexisting heart disorder, decompensated liver disease, fits (epilepsy) or other nervous system disorder
• Interferon alpha 2-b should not be given to patients who have a history of autoimmune disease or an organ transplant and are on immunosuppressant therapy.
• Interferon alpha 2-b should not be given to patient who have non-responding thyroid condition.
• Interferon alpha 2-b should not be given to children who have any psychiatric condition such as depression, suicidal thoughts.