Insulin Aspart + Insulin Aspart Protamine
Information about Insulin Aspart + Insulin Aspart Protamine
Insulin Aspart + Insulin Aspart Protamine Uses
Insulin Aspart + Insulin Aspart Protamine is used in the treatment of diabetes mellitus (Type 1 & Type 2).
How Insulin Aspart + Insulin Aspart Protamine works
Insulin Aspart + Insulin Aspart Protamine is a combination of two insulin preparations: Insulin aspart and insulin aspart protamine. Insulin aspart has a fast onset of action while insulin aspart protamine has a prolonged duration of action. Together, they ensure rapid and consistent sugar control by facilitating reuptake of sugar in muscle and fat cells, and suppressing the production of sugar in the liver.
Common side effects of Insulin Aspart + Insulin Aspart Protamine
Weight gain, Rash, Injection site allergic reaction, Lipodystrophy (skin thickening or pits at the injection site), Itching, Hypoglycemia (low blood glucose level)
Available Medicine for Insulin Aspart + Insulin Aspart Protamine
NovomixNovo Nordisk India Pvt Ltd
₹704 to ₹35205 variant(s)
Expert advice for Insulin Aspart + Insulin Aspart Protamine
- Take it 15 minutes before a meal or within 20 minutes after starting a meal.
- Injection below the skin of the abdomen results in faster absorption as compared to other injection sites such as skin of the upper arms, thighs, or buttocks. After injection, the site of injection should not be massaged.
- Injection sites must be rotated to prevent hard lumps from developing at one site.
- Change to another type or brand of insulin should be done under strict medical supervision as it may require a change in dosage.
- Hypoglycemia (low blood sugar level) may occur when taken along with other antidiabetic medicines, alcohol or on delaying/skipping a meal. Carry a sugar source with you for immediate relief.
- Do not share your insulin device with other people, even if the needle has been changed. You may give other people a serious infection or get a serious infection from them.
- Opened vials / cartridges stay good at room temperature for up to 4 weeks, while unopened vials must be placed in the refrigerator (2°C–8°C).