Information about Imipenem + Cilastatin
Imipenem + Cilastatin Uses
Imipenem+Cilastatin is used in the treatment of severe bacterial infections.
How Imipenem + Cilastatin works
Imipenem + Cilastatin is a combination of two medicines: Imipenem and Cilastatin. Imipenem is an antibiotic. It works by preventing the formation of the bacterial protective covering which is essential for the survival of bacteria in the human body. Cilastatin is dehydropeptidase I inhibitor which blocks the activity of an enzyme (dehydropeptidase I) that causes breakdown of Imipenem . Hence, it helps Imipenem stay active in your body for a longer period of time.
Common side effects of Imipenem + Cilastatin
Nausea, Vomiting, Diarrhea, Rash
Available Medicine for Imipenem + Cilastatin
ZienamMSD Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹1604 to ₹19502 variant(s)
₹726 to ₹29643 variant(s)
I NemGlenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹1883 to ₹22582 variant(s)
ZilamacMacleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹332 to ₹8693 variant(s)
IminemUnited Biotech Pvt Ltd
MicromaxMicro Labs Ltd
CilaxterAlkem Laboratories Ltd
₹511 to ₹26404 variant(s)
MaxigardEmcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹1141 to ₹23262 variant(s)
Expert advice for Imipenem + Cilastatin
- Imipenem + Cilastatin is used to treat severe bacterial infections, including those acquired in hospital and those involving many different types of bacteria.
- It is given by a drip into a vein (intravenous infusion) over 20 to 60 minutes.
- Tell you doctor if you are allergic to penicillin as this medicine should be avoided or used with caution in penicillin allergy.
- Your doctor may monitor your liver and kidney function while you are having treatment with this medication.
- Diarrhea may occur as a side effect but should stop when your course is complete. Inform your doctor if it doesn't stop or if you find blood in your stools.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to conceive, or breastfeeding.