Information about Ilaprazole
Ilaprazole is used in the treatment of gastroesophageal reflux disease (acid reflux) and peptic ulcer disease.
How Ilaprazole works
Ilaprazole is a proton pump inhibitor (PPI). It works by reducing the amount of acid in the stomach which helps in relief of acid related indigestion and heartburn.
Common side effects of Ilaprazole
Nausea, Headache, Flatulence, Diarrhea
Available Medicine for Ilaprazole
₹50 to ₹1282 variant(s)
₹54 to ₹1392 variant(s)
IlaproAjanta Pharma Ltd
₹45 to ₹1352 variant(s)
IladifOverseas Healthcare Pvt Ltd
HI FiveAkumentis Healthcare Ltd
Ila 5Akumentis Healthcare Ltd
IlatopAjanta Pharma Ltd
₹47 to ₹952 variant(s)
IladayMankind Pharma Ltd
BlokcidIpca Laboratories Ltd
Expert advice for Ilaprazole
- It is a well-tolerated medicine and provides relief for a long time.
- Some healthy tips to prevent acidity from happening:
- Avoid excessive intake of carbonated beverages/soft drinks, citrus juices, fried food, caffeinated beverages like tea and coffee.
- Avoid alcohol and smoking.
- Avoid eating late at night or before bedtime.
- Inform your doctor if you get watery diarrhea, fever or stomach pain that does not go away.
- Inform your doctor if you do not feel better after taking it for 14 days as you may be suffering from some other problem that needs attention.
- Long-term use of Ilaprazole can cause weak bones and a deficiency of minerals such as magnesium. Take adequate dietary intake of calcium and magnesium or their supplements as prescribed by your doctor.
- Consult your doctor right away if you develop decreased urination, edema (swelling due to fluid retention), lower back pain, nausea, fatigue, and rash or fever. These could be signs of a kidney problem.