Information about Ibrutinib
How Ibrutinib works
Ibrutinib is a Bruton's tyrosine kinase inhibitor. It works by blocking the action of the abnormal protein that signals cancer cells to multiply. This helps to stop or slow the spread of cancer cells.
Common side effects of Ibrutinib
Headache, Joint pain, Fever, Diarrhea, Vomiting, Stomatitis (Inflammation of the mouth), Nausea, Constipation, Low blood platelets, Decreased white blood cell count (neutrophils), Upper respiratory tract infection
Expert advice for Ibrutinib
- Take it at the same time every day, either with or without food.
- It is advisable to stay hydrated and drink plenty of fluids while taking this medication.
- Do not skip any dose and complete the course as suggested by your doctor.
- Use an effective method of birth control to avoid pregnancy while taking this medication.
- Your doctor may get regular blood tests done to monitor your liver function and blood cell count in your blood.