Information about Hydroxyurea
Hydroxyurea is used in the treatment of sickle cell anemia.
How hydroxyurea works
Hydroxycarbamide causes inhibition of DNA synthesis during the S-phase of cell division by acting as a ribonucleotide reductase inhibitor resulting to cell death. It is S-phase specific.
Common side effects of hydroxyurea
Megaloblastic anemia, Decreased white blood cell count (neutrophils), Oligospermia (low sperm count), Azoospermia (absence of sperms).
Available Medicine for Hydroxyurea
- ₹120Khandelwal Laboratories Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹103Zydus Cadila1 variant(s)
- ₹147Samarth Life Sciences Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹135Cipla Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹124United Biotech Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹122 to ₹149Alkem Laboratories Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹94Zydus Cadila1 variant(s)
- ₹55Neon Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹46Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹140Celon Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)