Hydroxyquinoline is used to reduce the vaginal odor due to growth of bacteria and as a lubricant in the vagina. It is also used for minor skin conditions such as acne and skin rashes.
How it works
Hydroxyquinoline belongs to the class of medications called as quinolines. It has antibacterial and antifungal properties. It maintains healthy acid pH level in the vagina and prevents bacterial growth.
Common side effects
Abdominal cramp, Facial swelling, Allergic reaction, Swelling of mouth, Lip swelling, Shortness of breath, Flushing, Gastrointestinal disturbance, Decreased white blood cell count, Chills, Fever
- After each use, clean the vaginal applicator by flushing it several times with water.
- If you use any vaginal pessary, tell your doctor what type of pessary you are using before starting hydroxyquinoline.
- Seek medical attention if you experience severe vaginal irritation, burning, itching, unusual discharge, a fever, pain or cramps in your lower stomach.
- If you are trying to become pregnant, do not use hydroxyquinoline within 6 hours before and after you have sexual intercourse.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- Do not take if allergic to hydroxyquinoline or any of its ingredients.