Information about Hydroxypropylmethylcellulose
Hydroxypropylmethylcellulose is used in the treatment of dry eyes.
How Hydroxypropylmethylcellulose works
Hydroxypropylmethylcellulose is a lubricant. It works similar to natural tears and provides temporary relief from burning and discomfort due to dryness of the eye.
Common side effects of Hydroxypropylmethylcellulose
Blurred vision, Eye pain, Eye irritation, Eye redness, Foreign body sensation in eyes
Available Medicine for Hydroxypropylmethylcellulose
GentealNovartis India Ltd
₹182 to ₹3502 variant(s)
EyemistSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
₹197 to ₹3793 variant(s)
LacrigelSunways India Pvt Ltd
₹44 to ₹1023 variant(s)
IrimistIndoco Remedies Ltd
₹76 to ₹3505 variant(s)
HyprosolSunways India Pvt Ltd
₹57 to ₹1102 variant(s)
Lacryl PFEntod Pharmaceuticals Ltd
IntaviscIntas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹70 to ₹1724 variant(s)
LacrylEntod Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹51 to ₹1434 variant(s)
Intavisc PpfIntas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Expert advice for Hydroxypropylmethylcellulose
- Your doctor has prescribed Hydroxypropylmethylcellulose to treat dry eye disease.
- It stabilizes the natural tear film and maintains necessary lubrication so your eyes don’t get dry and irritated.
- May require long-term use.
- Apply pressure on the corner of the eye (close to the nose) for about 1 minute immediately after instilling the drop.
- Wait for at least 5-10 minutes before delivering the next medication in the same eye to avoid dilution of this medicine.
- Stinging sensation may occur for 1-2 minutes. Notify your doctor if it persists for longer.
- Make sure to use within 4 weeks of opening the bottle.