Information about Hydrocortisone + Ketoconazole
Hydrocortisone + Ketoconazole Uses
Hydrocortisone+Ketoconazole is used in the treatment of skin infections.
How Hydrocortisone + Ketoconazole works
Hydrocortisone + Ketoconazole is a combination of two medicines: Hydrocortisone and Ketoconazole which treat skin infections. Hydrocortisone is a steroid medicine. It blocks the production of certain chemical messengers (prostaglandins) that make the skin red, swollen and itchy. Ketoconazole is an antifungal which stops the growth of fungi by preventing them from forming their own protective covering. This treats your skin infection.
Common side effects of Hydrocortisone + Ketoconazole
Application site reactions (burning, irritation, itching and redness)
Expert advice for Hydrocortisone + Ketoconazole
- Hydrocortisone + Ketoconazole must be applied as a thin layer on the affected area as prescribed by your doctor.
- Do not use this medicine more often or for longer than advised by your doctor.
- Before each application, wash the affected area with soap and water and dry well.
- Avoid getting it in the eyes, mouth or nose. Rinse with cold water if you accidentally get it in these areas.
- Do not cover the area being treated with airtight dressings such as bandages unless directed by a doctor, as this may increase the risk of side effects.
- Inform your doctor if the treated skin area does not improve after 2-4 weeks of treatment.