Information about Hydrochlorothiazide
Hydrochlorothiazide is used in high blood pressure and oedema. It treats oedema (fluid overload) associated with heart, liver, kidney or lung disease.
How hydrochlorothiazide works
Hydrochlorothiazide is a thiazide diuretic. It lowers blood pressure and fluid retention in edema by removing the extra water and certain electrolytes from the body. Over time it also works by relaxing blood vessels and improving blood flow.
Common side effects of hydrochlorothiazide
Headache, Nausea, Increased blood uric acid, Decreased potassium level in blood, Glucose intolerance, Altered blood lipids
Available Medicine for Hydrochlorothiazide
- ₹9Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹9 to ₹18Micro Labs Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹9Cipla Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹10Ordain Health Care Global Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹9 to ₹18Stadmed Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹9 to ₹18Kenn Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹13USV Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹18Knoll Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹18Johnlee Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Hydrochlorothiazide
- Hydrochlorothiazide helps lower blood pressure and also removes excess water from your body.
- Take it in the morning with breakfast to avoid getting up at night to urinate.
- May cause dizziness in the initial days of treatment.
- Monitor your blood pressure after starting Hydrochlorothiazide, and notify your doctor if it hasn't gone down.
- Notify your doctor if you experience dizziness, tiredness, or muscle weakness that doesn't go away.
- Requires routine blood tests to monitor your kidney function.
Frequently asked questions for Hydrochlorothiazide
Q. Hydrochlorothiazide is a diuretic,which increases the excretion of urine?
Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use
Q. Is Hydrochlorothiazide a statin/ opiate?
No.It is the derivative of chlorothiazide
Q. Is Hydrochlorothiazide bad for your kidneys?
No.Hydrochlorthiazide is a safe drug at prescribed dose by your doctor. Consult your doctor if you have kidney disease and follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use
Q. Can I take hydrochlorothiazide with lisinopril/ ibuprofen/ synthroid/ aspirin/ potassium/ phentermine/ losartan/ naproxen/ magnesium/ vitamins?
Taking other medicines may alter the effects of hydrochlorothiazide. Always consult your doctor for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice that may strictly be required
Q. Does hydrochlorothiazide cause diabetes/ erectile dysfunction/ weight loss/ gout/ constipation/tinnitus/ potassium loss?
Hydrochlorothiazide causing these side effects is rare or uncommon. However, consult your doctor if you experience any of these side effects
Q. Does Hydrochlorothiazide have sulfa in it?
Yes.Hydrochlorothiazide has sulfa and it is chemically known as 6-chloro- 3, 4-dihydro-2 H-1, 2, 4-benzothiadiazine-7-sulfonamide 1, 1-dioxide
Q. Does Hydrochlorothiazide clean your system?
No.Hydrochlorothiazide reduces extra fluid in the body.