Human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG)
Information about Human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG)
Human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) Uses
Human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) is used in the treatment of female infertility and male hypogonadism.
How Human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) works
Human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) is a sex hormone. In females, it helps in the release of eggs from the ovary. In males, it works by enhancing the production of testosterone which helps in treating conditions such as delayed puberty, and low sperm count.
Common side effects of Human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG)
Injection site pain, Headache, Fatigue, Depression, Irritation, Restlessness
Available Medicine for Human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG)
HUCOGBharat Serums & Vaccines Ltd
₹160 to ₹12896 variant(s)
Fertigyn HPSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
₹428 to ₹10503 variant(s)
SifasiSerum Institute Of India Ltd
₹402 to ₹9353 variant(s)
₹375 to ₹10004 variant(s)
₹337 to ₹8763 variant(s)
Ovipure HPBharat Serums & Vaccines Ltd
₹288 to ₹10743 variant(s)
Zyhcg HPZydus Cadila
₹360 to ₹9783 variant(s)
Eema HPCorona Remedies Pvt Ltd
₹422 to ₹9903 variant(s)
₹201 to ₹7654 variant(s)
Sifasi HPSerum Institute Of India Ltd
₹376 to ₹10883 variant(s)
Expert advice for Human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG)
- Human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) is used together with another hormone called follicle stimulating hormone (FSH) for the treatment of infertility in women.
- In men, it is used to help treat delayed puberty, undescended testes or oligospermia (low sperm count).
- It is given as an injection into a muscle or under the skin.
- Inform your doctor immediately if you have severe pelvic pain, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, sudden weight gain, trouble breathing, or decreased or no urination during treatment, as these could be symptoms of ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome (OHSS).
- If your ovaries are overstimulated you should not have sex, or use barrier contraception for at least four days.