Information about Halobetasol + Fusidic Acid
Halobetasol + Fusidic Acid Uses
Halobetasol+Fusidic Acid is used in the treatment of skin infections.
How Halobetasol + Fusidic Acid works
Halobetasol + Fusidic Acid is a combination of two medicines: Halobetasol and Fusidic Acid which treat skin infections. Halobetasol is a steroid which blocks the production of certain chemical messengers (prostaglandins) that make the skin red, swollen and itchy. Fusidic Acid is an antibiotic which kills bacteria by preventing the synthesis of essential proteins required by bacteria to carry out vital functions.
Common side effects of Halobetasol + Fusidic Acid
Application site reactions (burning, irritation, itching and redness), Thinning of skin
Expert advice for Halobetasol + Fusidic Acid
- Halobetasol + Fusidic Acid must be applied as a thin layer on the affected area as prescribed by your doctor.
- Do not use this medicine more often or for longer than advised by your doctor.
- Before each application, wash the affected area with soap and water and dry well.
- Avoid getting it in the eyes, mouth or nose. Rinse with cold water if you accidentally get it in these areas.
- Do not cover the area being treated with airtight dressings such as bandages unless directed by a doctor, as this may increase the risk of side effects.
- Inform your doctor if the treated skin area does not improve after 2-4 weeks of treatment.