Information about Halobetasol
Halobetasol is used in the treatment of Skin conditions with inflammation & itching.
How Halobetasol works
Halobetasol is a steroid which works by blocking the production of certain chemical messengers in the body that cause inflammation (redness and swelling) and allergies.
Common side effects of Halobetasol
Headache, Application site pain
Available Medicine for Halobetasol
HalovateGlenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹195 to ₹2585 variant(s)
HaloxSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
₹215 to ₹2393 variant(s)
HalodermMicro Labs Ltd
₹62 to ₹1805 variant(s)
HalotopIpca Laboratories Ltd
₹226 to ₹2722 variant(s)
HabiccorAlembic Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹122 to ₹2422 variant(s)
HalobetAjanta Pharma Ltd
₹156 to ₹2452 variant(s)
HalonovaTorrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd
UltravexDr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd
HalomeshApex Laboratories Pvt Ltd
HalotufRytus Therapeutics Ltd
Expert advice for Halobetasol
- Halobetasol helps treat inflammation, severe allergies, flare-ups of ongoing illnesses, and many other medical problems that require either reduction of inflammation or suppression of the immune system.
- Do not use it more often or for longer than advised by your doctor.
- Take it with food to avoid an upset stomach.
- Halobetasol can make it harder for you to fight off infections. Notify your doctor if you have any signs of infection such as a fever or sore throat.
- Halobetasol is used to treat the redness, swelling, itching, and discomfort of various skin conditions.
- It should be applied to the affected areas as a thin film two or three times daily, or as advised by your doctor.
- Don't use it more often or for longer than advised by your doctor.
- Don't cover the area being treated with airtight dressings such as bandages unless directed by a doctor, as this may increase the risk of side effects.
- If you think the area of skin you are treating has become infected you should stop using Halobetasol and consult your doctor.
- Consult your doctor if your skin condition has not improved after 2 weeks of treatment.
- Side effects such as mood changes or stomach problems can happen when you start taking Halobetasol. Inform your doctor if this bothers you.
- Do not stop taking Halobetasol suddenly without talking to your doctor first as it may worsen your symptoms.