Glycerin Suppositories is used in constipation
How it works
Glycerin Suppositories works by drawing water into the intestine through osmosis, that makes the stools soft and easier to pass.
Common side effects
Dehydration, Drug dependence
Available MedicineNo medicine available
- Avoid taking a Glycerin Suppositories for more than 1 week, unless prescribed by the doctor, as it leads to dependency on the laxative action to produce a bowel movement.
- Together with Glycerin Suppositories, fiber rich diet containing whole grain bread and cereals, bran, fruits and green leafy vegetables, is essential to maintain healthy bowel function.
- A Glycerin Suppositories should preferably be taken at bedtime because it requires 6 to 8 hours to show impact.
- Notify your doctor if you are on a low-sugar diet because the Glycerin Suppositories contains sugars.
- Take Glycerin Suppositories after 2 hours from other medicines, as it may interfere with the absorption of other medicines.