Gliclazide + Rosiglitazone
Information about Gliclazide + Rosiglitazone
Gliclazide + rosiglitazone uses
Gliclazide+Rosiglitazone is used in the treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus.
How gliclazide + rosiglitazone works
This is a combination of two antidiabetic medicines: Gliclazide and Rosiglitazone. Gliclazide is a sulfonylurea which works by increasing the amount of insulin released by the pancreas in order to lower the blood glucose. Rosiglitazone is a thiazolidinedione which works by increasing the body's sensitivity to insulin. Together, they provide better control of blood sugar.
Common side effects of gliclazide + rosiglitazone
Hypoglycemia (low blood sugar level), Edema (swelling), Weight gain, Bone fracture, Blurred vision, Respiratory tract infection
Available Medicine for Gliclazide + Rosiglitazone
- ₹58Micro Labs Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Gliclazide + Rosiglitazone
- Take it as per the dose and duration prescribed by your doctor.
- Take it with the first main meal of the day (usually breakfast).
- It may cause hypoglycemia (low blood sugar level) when used with other antidiabetic medicines, alcohol or if you delay or miss a meal.
- Always carry some sugary food or fruit juice with you in case you experience hypoglycemic symptoms such as cold sweats, cool pale skin, tremor, and anxiety.
- Inform your doctor if you notice weight gain, shortness of breath, irregular heartbeat, or any abnormal swelling.
- Your doctor may check your liver function regularly. Inform your doctor if you develop symptoms such as abdominal pain, loss of appetite, or yellowing of the eyes or skin (jaundice).