Glibenclamide + Metformin
Information about Glibenclamide + Metformin
Glibenclamide + metformin uses
Glibenclamide+Metformin is used in the treatment of type 2 diabetes.
How glibenclamide + metformin works
This is a combination of two antidiabetic medicines: Glibenclamide and Metformin. Glibenclamide is a sulfonylurea which works by increasing the amount of insulin released by the pancreas in order to lower the blood glucose. Metformin is a biguanide which works by lowering glucose production in the liver, delaying glucose absorption from intestines and increasing the body's sensitivity to insulin.
Common side effects of glibenclamide + metformin
Hypoglycemia (low blood sugar level), Altered taste, Nausea, Diarrhoea, Stomach pain, Headache, Upper respiratory tract infection
Available Medicine for Glibenclamide + Metformin
- ₹40Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹30 to ₹55Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹36 to ₹52Abbott2 variant(s)
- ₹27 to ₹45USV Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹46Micro Labs Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹35 to ₹53Strides shasun Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹19Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹17 to ₹29Fourrts India Laboratories Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹34Mankind Pharma Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹46 to ₹69Emcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Glibenclamide + Metformin
- Glibenclamide + Metformin is a combination medicine to lower blood sugar.
- You should continue to exercise regularly and take a healthy diet.
- You may experience an upset stomach with nausea and diarrhoea in the first two weeks. Take it with food to avoid an upset stomach.
- Tell your doctor if you experience rapid breathing, ongoing nausea, vomiting, or stomach pain.
- Limit alcohol consumption when taking Glibenclamide + Metformin.