Information about Gentamicin Topical
Gentamicin topical uses
Gentamicin Topical is used in the treatment of bacterial infections.
How gentamicin topical works
Gentamicin Topical is an antibiotic. It kills bacteria by inhibiting synthesis of essential proteins, required by bacteria to carry out vital functions.
Common side effects of gentamicin topical
Facial swelling, Allergic reaction, Itching, Skin redness
Available Medicine for Gentamicin Topical
- ₹76Kinesis Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹7Alive Pharmaceutical Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹66Kineses Laboratories1 variant(s)
- ₹9Ind Swift Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹8Dermo Care Laboratories1 variant(s)
- ₹6P & B Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹12Entod Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹8Alkem Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹19Elder Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹8Optho Remedies Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Gentamicin Topical
- Inform your doctor if you experience itching, skin rashes, swelling of face, lips, throat or difficulty in breathing.
- Discontinue use and consult your doctor if you develop irritation, sensitization or a superinfection
- Avoid getting this medication into your eyes, nose and mouth. If this happens wash your face thoroughly with water.
- Tell your doctor if you are suffering from inflammation of the middle ear (otitis media), kidney or liver problem, open wound or damaged skin.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- It should not take if patient is allergic to gentamicin or any of its ingredients.
Frequently asked questions for Gentamicin Topical
Q. Is gentamicin topical a macrolide, steroid or a sulfa drug?
Gentamicin topical does not contain sulfa and is not a macrolide, or steroidal drug. It is a broad spectrum aminoglycoside
Q. Does gentamicin topical cause hearing loss or burn?
Yes gentamicin topical can cause hearing loss if used inappropriately. It can cause burning of eyes.