Information about Furosemide + Spironolactone
Furosemide + Spironolactone Uses
Furosemide+Spironolactone is used for Edema. It treats oedema (fluid overload) associated with heart, liver, kidney or lung disease.
How Furosemide + Spironolactone works
Furosemide + Spironolactone is a combination of two medicines: Furosemide and Spironolactone. Furosemide is a diuretic which removes extra water and certain electrolytes from the body through urine. Over time, it also relaxes blood vessels, but causes potassium loss. Spironolactone is also a diuretic which conserves potassium, thereby balancing its levels in the body.
Common side effects of Furosemide + Spironolactone
Breast enlargement in male, Electrolyte imbalance, Volume depletion
Available Medicine for Furosemide + Spironolactone
LasilactoneSanofi India Ltd
₹51 to ₹532 variant(s)
SpiromideRPG Life Sciences Ltd
MinilactoneRPG Life Sciences Ltd
₹20 to ₹442 variant(s)
Amifru-STorrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd
AldostixBal Pharma Ltd
LactomideInd Swift Laboratories Ltd
₹10 to ₹242 variant(s)
Urecton PlusDepsons Pharma
FrusisGnosis Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
Expert advice for Furosemide + Spironolactone
- Furosemide + Spironolactone helps removes excess water from your body.
- Take it in the morning with breakfast to avoid getting up at night to urinate.
- It may cause dizziness or sleepiness. Don't drive or do anything requiring concentration until you know how it affects you.
- To lower the chance of feeling dizzy or passing out, rise slowly if you have been sitting or lying down.
- It may cause excessive urine production, dehydration, and low electrolyte levels. Notify your doctor if you experience dizziness, tiredness, or muscle weakness that doesn't go away.
- Your doctor may regularly monitor your blood pressure, kidney function and the level of salts such as potassium and sodium in your blood while you're taking this medication.