Information about Furazolidone + Metronidazole
Furazolidone + Metronidazole Uses
How Furazolidone + Metronidazole works
Furazolidone + Metronidazole is a combination of two antibiotics: Furazolidone and Metronidazole, which treats stomach and intestine infections. Furazolidone works by preventing the formation of the bacterial protective covering which is essential for the survival of bacteria in the human body. Metronidazole kills bacteria and other infectious microorganisms by damaging the DNA. Together, they treat your infection effectively.
Common side effects of Furazolidone + Metronidazole
Nausea, Headache, Dryness in mouth, Metallic taste, Dark yellow to brown discoloration of urine
Available Medicine for Furazolidone + Metronidazole
Metrogyl FJ B Chemicals and Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹26 to ₹312 variant(s)
Entrofuran MDeys Medical
₹11 to ₹192 variant(s)
Metroquin FNoel Pharma India Pvt Ltd
Ameebee PlusTOSC International Pvt Ltd
Furazyl FSmilax Pharmaceuticals
FulometSuzikem Drugs Pvt Ltd
AldiamycinAlkem Laboratories Ltd
Enterofuran MDeys Medical
Genogyl FGeno Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹4 to ₹112 variant(s)
Dependal MGlaxo SmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Expert advice for Furazolidone + Metronidazole
- Furazolidone + Metronidazole should be taken with food at the same time every day.
- Do not skip any doses and finish the full course of treatment even if you feel better.
- It is advisable to stay hydrated and drink plenty of water to overcome medicine side effects.
- It may cause dizziness. Don't drive or do anything that requires mental focus until you know how Furazolidone + Metronidazole affects you.
- Avoid alcohol consumption as it may cause excessive drowsiness.
- Inform your doctor if you experience itchy rash, swelling of the face, throat or tongue or breathing difficulties while taking this medicine.