Formoterol + Budesonide
Information about Formoterol + Budesonide
Formoterol + budesonide uses
How formoterol + budesonide works
This is a combination of two medicines: Formoterol and Budesonide. Formoterol is a long-acting bronchodilator which works by relaxing the muscles in the airways and widens the airways. Budesonide is a steroid. It works by stopping the release of certain chemical messengers that cause inflammation (swelling) of the airways. Together, they make breathing easier.
Common side effects of formoterol + budesonide
Nausea, Vomiting, Respiratory tract infection, Hoarseness of voice, Fungal infections in the mouth, Cough, Headache, Sore throat, Musculoskeletal (bone, muscle or joint) pain, Increased heart rate
Available Medicine for Formoterol + Budesonide
- ₹134 to ₹890Cipla Ltd12 variant(s)
- ₹19 to ₹388Lupin Ltd8 variant(s)
- ₹172 to ₹543Zydus Cadila12 variant(s)
- ₹118 to ₹389Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd7 variant(s)
- ₹450 to ₹650AstraZeneca3 variant(s)
- ₹137 to ₹441Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd6 variant(s)
- ₹202 to ₹372Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd5 variant(s)
- ₹308 to ₹360Lupin Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹119 to ₹373Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd8 variant(s)
- ₹185 to ₹372Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd6 variant(s)
Expert advice for Formoterol + Budesonide
- It contains two medicines in one inhaler for control of long term asthma and COPD symptoms.
- It does not relieve sudden symptoms. Always use a rescue inhaler to treat sudden symptoms.
- Tell your doctor immediately if your breathing problem worsens, or if rescue inhaler does not relieve symptoms.
- Do not discontinue unless advised by your doctor.
- Rinse your mouth with water after each use to prevent infections in the mouth and throat.
- Carry your rescue inhaler wherever you go.
Frequently asked questions for Formoterol + Budesonide
Formoterol + Budesonide
Q. What is Formoterol+Budesonide prescribed for?
Formoterol+Budesonide is prescribed to treat Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease and Asthma. The symptoms may include wheezing, shortness of breath, and breathing difficulties.
Q. Can I stop taking Formoterol+Budesonide when my symptoms are relieved?
No, do not stop taking Formoterol+Budesonide. If you stop taking Formoterol+Budesonide, your symptoms may come back and may lead to serious complications. Take your medicine as advised by your doctor.
Q. Will Formoterol+Budesonide be more effective if taken in more than recommended dose?
No, taking more of this medicine will not make it more effective, rather it can lead to increased side effects. If the symptoms are not getting relieved by the recommended doses, please consult the doctor for re-evaluation.
Q. What are the instructions for storage and disposal of Formoterol+Budesonide?
Keep this medicine in the container it came in, tightly closed. Store it according to the instructions mentioned on the pack or label. Dispose of the unused medicine. Make sure it is not consumed by pets, children and other people.
Q. When can I drink water after taking Formoterol+Budesonide?
There are no restrictions on drinking water after taking Formoterol+Budesonide. However, it is better to rinse your mouth before drinking water to avoid ingestion of this medicine.