Formoterol + Budesonide
Information about Formoterol + Budesonide
Formoterol + budesonide uses
Formoterol+Budesonide is used in the treatment of asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disorder.
How formoterol + budesonide works
This is a combination of two medicines: Formoterol and Budesonide which work well in worsening asthma or COPD. Formoterol is a long-acting bronchodilator which works by relaxing the muscles in the airways and widens the airways. Budesonide is a steroid which stops the release of certain natural substances that cause inflammation (swelling) in the airways. Together, they make breathing easier.
Common side effects of formoterol + budesonide
Nausea, Vomiting, Respiratory tract infection, Hoarseness of voice, Fungal infections in the mouth, Cough, Headache, Sore throat, Musculoskeletal (bone, muscle or joint) pain, Increased heart rate
Available Medicine for Formoterol + Budesonide
- ₹134 to ₹890Cipla Ltd11 variant(s)
- ₹19 to ₹360Lupin Ltd7 variant(s)
- ₹43 to ₹511Zydus Cadila13 variant(s)
- ₹118 to ₹361Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd7 variant(s)
- ₹137 to ₹441Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd6 variant(s)
- ₹168 to ₹360Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd5 variant(s)
- ₹266Lupin Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹450 to ₹650AstraZeneca3 variant(s)
- ₹165 to ₹352Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd7 variant(s)
- ₹209 to ₹360Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd3 variant(s)
Expert advice for Formoterol + Budesonide
- It contains two medicines in one inhaler for control of long term asthma and COPD symptoms.
- It does not relieve sudden symptoms. Always use a rescue inhaler to treat sudden symptoms.
- Tell your doctor immediately if your breathing problem worsens, or if rescue inhaler does not relieve symptoms.
- Do not discontinue unless advised by your doctor.
- Rinse your mouth with water after each use to prevent infections in the mouth and throat.
- Carry your rescue inhaler wherever you go.