Information about Flupenthixol + Nortriptyline
Flupenthixol + Nortriptyline Uses
Flupenthixol+Nortriptyline is used in the treatment of schizophrenia.
How Flupenthixol + Nortriptyline works
Flupenthixol + Nortriptyline is a combination of two medicines: Flupenthixol and Nortriptyline which have anxiety-lowering and mood-elevating effects. Flupenthixol is a typical antipsychotic. It works by blocking the action of dopamine, a chemical messenger in the brain that affects thoughts and mood. Nortriptyline is a tricyclic antidepressant which increases the levels of chemical messengers in the brain that help in regulating the mood and treat depression.
Common side effects of Flupenthixol + Nortriptyline
Dryness in mouth, Constipation, Weight gain, Sleepiness, Orthostatic hypotension (sudden lowering of blood pressure on standing), Urinary retention, Increased prolactin level in blood, Blurred vision, Increased heart rate, Muscle stiffness, Restlessness, Tremor
Available Medicine for Flupenthixol + Nortriptyline
Cilapam FNAlteus Biogenics Pvt Ltd
No AnxitLemford Biotech Pvt Ltd
Fpx NTripada Lifecare Pvt Ltd
Fpx-NTripada Healthcare Pvt Ltd
Delexit MDellwich Healthcare LLP
Fluxip NMedico Healthcare
Delexit-NDellwich Healthcare LLP
Femxip NFemgrace Formulations
Expert advice for Flupenthixol + Nortriptyline
- Flupenthixol + Nortriptyline helps treat anxiety and depression.
- Use caution while driving or doing anything that requires concentration as Flupenthixol + Nortriptyline can cause dizziness and sleepiness.
- Avoid drinking alcohol while taking this medicine because it can make drowsiness worse.
- It can cause changes in your blood sugar levels. Monitor your blood sugar regularly.
- Inform your doctor if you have liver disease, thyroid disorder, severe heart disease, or a urinary disorder.
- Talk to your doctor if you notice sudden mood changes or develop suicidal thoughts.
- Let your doctor know you are taking Flupenthixol + Nortriptyline before undergoing any surgical procedure.