Information about Flupenthixol + Melitracen
Flupenthixol + Melitracen Uses
Flupenthixol+Melitracen is used in the treatment of depression.
How Flupenthixol + Melitracen works
Flupenthixol + Melitracen is a combination of two medicines: Flupenthixol and Melitracen. Flupenthixol is a typical antipsychotic. It works by blocking the action of dopamine, a chemical messenger in the brain that affects thoughts and mood. Melitracen is a tricyclic antidepressant which increases the levels of chemical messengers in the brain that help in regulating the mood and treat depression.
Common side effects of Flupenthixol + Melitracen
Constipation, Urinary retention, Weight gain, Sleepiness, Orthostatic hypotension (sudden lowering of blood pressure on standing), Increased heart rate, Increased prolactin level in blood, Blurred vision, Dryness in mouth, Muscle stiffness, Tremor, Restlessness
Available Medicine for Flupenthixol + Melitracen
PlacidaMankind Pharma Ltd
AnxisetObsurge Biotech Ltd
₹54 to ₹713 variant(s)
NuanixtMarc Laboratories Pvt Ltd
Ambulax-FMUnimarck Pharma India Ltd
PenfluMova Pharmaceutical Pvt Ltd
₹169 to ₹3392 variant(s)
FraxidepTas Med India Pvt Ltd
FyzenDr. Johns Laboratories Pvt Ltd
FluanxitTheo Pharma Pvt Ltd
FranxitIntas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Expert advice for Flupenthixol + Melitracen
- Flupenthixol + Melitracen helps treat anxiety and depression.
- Use caution while driving or doing anything that requires concentration as Flupenthixol + Melitracen can cause dizziness and sleepiness.
- Avoid drinking alcohol while taking this medicine because it can make drowsiness worse.
- It can cause changes in your blood sugar levels. Monitor your blood sugar regularly.
- Inform your doctor if you have liver disease, thyroid disorder, severe heart disease, or a urinary disorder.
- Talk to your doctor if you notice sudden mood changes or develop suicidal thoughts.
- Let your doctor know you are taking Flupenthixol + Melitracen before undergoing any surgical procedure.