Flupenthixol + Melitracen
Information about Flupenthixol + Melitracen
Flupenthixol + melitracen uses
Flupenthixol+Melitracen is used in the treatment of depression.
How flupenthixol + melitracen works
This is a combination of two medicines: Flupenthixol and Melitracen. Flupenthixol is a typical antipsychotic. It works by blocking the action of dopamine, a chemical messenger in the brain that affects thoughts and mood. Melitracen is a tricyclic antidepressant which increases the levels of chemical messengers in the brain that help in regulating the mood and treat depression.
Common side effects of flupenthixol + melitracen
Constipation, Urinary retention, Weight gain, Sleepiness, Orthostatic hypotension (sudden lowering of blood pressure on standing), Increased heart rate, Increased prolactin level in blood, Blurred vision, Dryness in mouth, Muscle rigidity, Tremor, Restlessness
Available Medicine for Flupenthixol + Melitracen
- ₹63Mankind Pharma Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹65Marc Laboratories Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹88Unimarck Healthcare Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹169 to ₹339Mova Pharmaceutical Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹89Tas Med India Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹88Dr. Johns Laboratories Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹44Anax Lifescience1 variant(s)
- ₹33Theo Pharma Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹64Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹100Medivision Pharm1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Flupenthixol + Melitracen
- Flupenthixol + Melitracen helps treat anxiety and depression.
- Use caution while driving or doing anything that requires concentration as Flupenthixol + Melitracen can cause dizziness and sleepiness.
- Avoid drinking alcohol while taking this medicine because it can make drowsiness worse.
- It can cause changes in your blood sugar levels. Monitor your blood sugar regularly.
- Inform your doctor if you have liver disease, thyroid disorder, severe heart disease, or a urinary disorder.
- Talk to your doctor if you notice sudden mood changes or develop suicidal thoughts.
- Let your doctor know you are taking Flupenthixol + Melitracen before undergoing any surgical procedure.
Frequently asked questions for Flupenthixol + Melitracen
Flupenthixol + Melitracen
Q. What is Flupenthixol+Melitracen?
Flupenthixol+Melitracen is a combination of two medicines: Flupenthixol and Melitracen. This medicine is used to treat various forms of mood disorders. It works by balancing the amount of certain natural substances in the brain that are responsible for mood swings.
Q. Can Flupenthixol+Melitracen be stopped when symptoms are relieved?
No, Flupenthixol+Melitracen should be continued even if the patient feels well. Instead of stopping the dosage yourself, consult your doctor who might gradually decrease the dosage.
Q. Can the Flupenthixol+Melitracen cause sleepiness or drowsiness?
Flupenthixol+Melitracen may make you drowsy or may cause you to suddenly fall asleep during your daily activities. You might not feel drowsy or have any other warning signs before you suddenly fall asleep. Avoid driving a car, operating machinery, working at heights or participating in potentially dangerous activities at the beginning of your treatment until you know how the medication affects you. If you suddenly fall asleep while you are doing something such as watching television, talking, eating or riding a car, or if you become very drowsy, especially during the daytime, call your doctor.