Information about Fluorouracil Topical
Fluorouracil topical uses
Fluorouracil Topical is used in the treatment of ovarian cancer, head and neck cancer, cervical cancer, Testicular cancer., breast cancer, non-Hodgkin lymphoma (NHL), blood cancer, lung cancer, bone cancer and urinary bladder cancer.
Common side effects of fluorouracil topical
Pain, Skin scar, Contact dermatitis, Irritation, Skin peeling, Skin redness, Burning sensation
Available Medicine for Fluorouracil Topical
- ₹78 to ₹178Menarini India Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹120West-Coast Pharmaceutical Works Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Fluorouracil Topical
- Use gloves or non-metallic applicators for application to the affected areas.
- Avoid direct contact of cream or solution with eyes, eyelids, nostrils, mouth, and on open cuts and wash your hands carefully before and after use.
- Seek immediate medical attention in case of severe allergic reactions.
- Avoid prolonged exposure to sunlight or other forms of ultraviolet irradiation during topical fluorouracil treatment.
- It should not take if patient is allergic to fluorouracil or any of its ingredients.
- Patients with dihydropyrimidine dehydrogenase (DPD) enzyme deficiency.
- It should not given to pregnant or breastfeeding women.
Frequently asked questions for Fluorouracil Topical
Q. Is fluorouracil a vesicant?
No, fluorouracil is not a vesicant (irritant)
Q. Is fluorouracil a steroid?
No, fluorouracil is not a steroid
Q. Is fluorouracil cream chemotherapy?
Fluorouracil is used as chemotherapy for the treatment of certain precancerous (actinic/solar keratosis) and cancerous (basal cell carcinoma) conditions of the skin
Q. Is fluorouracil cream for warts?
Yes, fluorouracil is used for the treatment of warts
Q. Is fluorouracil the same as efudex?
Efudex is a brand name (trade name) for fluorouracil
Q. Does fluorouracil affect normal skin?
Fluorouracil has minimal effect on the surrounding healthy skin
Q. Does fluorouracil cause scarring?
No, fluorouracil is not known to cause scarring.