Information about Fluocinolone Topical
Fluocinolone topical uses
Fluocinolone Topical is used in the treatment of allergic disorders.
How fluocinolone topical works
Fluocinolone topical is a topical corticosteroid (anti-inflammatory medicine). It works by reducing redness, itching, and swelling caused by various skin conditions.
Common side effects of fluocinolone topical
Skin thinning, Contact dermatitis
Available Medicine for Fluocinolone Topical
- ₹192Cipla Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹82 to ₹107Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹147Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹105Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹132 to ₹390Percos India Pvt Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹171La Pristine Bioceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹25 to ₹40Alive Pharmaceutical Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹34AGIO Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹37Sysmed Laboratories Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Fluocinolone Topical
- Ensure that you wash and dry your hands before using fluocinolone solution and clean and dry the affected area before application.
- Do not apply the fluocinolone solution on cut, cracked or broken skin or on burnt areas of the skin.
- Do not apply topical hair oil preparation on face, underarm, or groin unless directed by the physician.
- Do not apply the product under bandaged or covered areas of the skin.
- Inform your doctor and discontinue use if you experience itching, skin rashes or other allergic reactions.
- Avoid getting the fluocinolone oil or solution into your eyes. In case of direct contact, wash your eyes with water and seek immediate medical attention.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- Do not use if you are allergic to fluocinolone or any of its ingredients.
Frequently asked questions for Fluocinolone Topical
Q. Is fluocinolone a steroid?
Yes, fluocinolone is a steroid drug
Q. Is available or sold over the counter?
No, fluocinolone is a prescription drug. It is not available or sold over the counter
Q. Is fluocinolone the same as fluocinonide?
Fluocinolone and fluocinonide are two different drugs belonging to the same class. They are used for the same indications
Q. Can fluocinolone topical cause hair growth?
Fluocinolone may cause hair growth at the site of application. If you experience any such symptoms, please consult your doctor.