Fluocinolone acetonide + Miconazole
Information about Fluocinolone acetonide + Miconazole
Fluocinolone acetonide + miconazole uses
Fluocinolone acetonide+Miconazole is used in the treatment of skin infections.
How fluocinolone acetonide + miconazole works
This is a combination of two medicines: Fluocinolone acetonide and Miconazole, which treats skin infections. Fluocinolone acetonide is a steroid which blocks the production of certain chemical messengers (prostaglandins) that make the skin red, swollen and itchy. Miconazole is an antifungal which stops the growth of fungi on the skin by preventing them from forming their own protective covering.
Common side effects of fluocinolone acetonide + miconazole
Application site reactions (burning, irritation, itching and redness)
Available Medicine for Fluocinolone acetonide + Miconazole
- ₹55 to ₹81Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd2 variant(s)
- 1 variant(s)
- ₹58Alive Pharmaceutical Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹60Empiai Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹53Gary Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹47 to ₹57Cipla Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹30 to ₹33Micro Labs Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹50Dermo Care Laboratories1 variant(s)
- ₹11Lupin Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹42Lupin Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Fluocinolone acetonide + Miconazole
- You have been prescribed Fluocinolone acetonide + Miconazole for the treatment of fungal skin infections.
- It is for use on skin only. Do not use it in your eyes, mouth, or vagina. Rinse with cold water if you accidentally get it in these areas.
- Do not cover the area being treated with airtight dressings such as bandages unless directed by a doctor, as this may increase the risk of side effects.
- If you think the area of skin you are treating has become more irritated and infected, you should stop using Fluocinolone acetonide + Miconazole and consult your doctor.
- Do not use this medicine more often or for longer than advised by your doctor. Inform your doctor if the treated skin area does not improve after 2 weeks of treatment.
Frequently asked questions for Fluocinolone acetonide + Miconazole
Fluocinolone acetonide + Miconazole
Q. What is Fluocinolone acetonide+Miconazole?
Fluocinolone acetonide+Miconazole is a combination of two medicines: Fluocinolone and Miconazole. This medication is used to treat skin infection. Miconazole works by killing the harmful microorganisms that cause skin infection. Fluocinolone works by reducing the swelling, redness and itching that occurs due to skin infection.
Q. Is it safe to use Fluocinolone acetonide+Miconazole?
Yes, Fluocinolone acetonide+Miconazole is safe when used according to your doctor’s advice and for the prescribed duration of time. However, in some patients it may cause some unwanted side effects like transient burning, itching and irritation at the site of application. It may also cause other uncommon or rare side effects. If you experience any persistent problem due to the medication, inform your doctor as soon as possible.
Q. Can I stop taking Fluocinolone acetonide+Miconazole when my symptoms are relieved?
No, do not stop taking Fluocinolone acetonide+Miconazole and complete the full course of treatment, even if you feel better. Your symptoms may improve before the skin infection is completely cured.
Q. What precautions are needed to be taken while using Fluocinolone acetonide+Miconazole?
Fluocinolone acetonide+Miconazole should not be used on the face. Do not use the medication for a longer than the prescribed period of time. Do not apply a bandage or dressing to the area being treated, as this will increase absorption of the preparation and increase the risk of side-effects. This medicine should only be used by the patient and never be given to other people even if their condition appears to be the same.
Q. How to use Fluocinolone acetonide+Miconazole?
Follow the directions given by the healthcare provider on the medication. Apply the medication thinly and in sufficient quantity to cover the affected area completely. Fluocinolone acetonide+Miconazole is usually applied two or three times a day on the affected areas of skin. Wash your hands after using Fluocinolone acetonide+Miconazole, unless it is used for treating skin infection on the hands.
Q. Can I use a higher than the recommended dose of Fluocinolone acetonide+Miconazole?
No, do not overuse Fluocinolone acetonide+Miconazole for long periods or on large areas of skin. It can cause over-absorption of the medicine into the body which may further lead to the thinning or weakening of the skin and other serious side effects. If you are experiencing increased severity of your symptoms, please consult your doctor for re-evaluation.
Q. What is the recommended storage condition for Fluocinolone acetonide+Miconazole?
Keep this medicine in the container or the pack it came in, tightly closed. Store it according to the instructions mentioned on the pack or label. Dispose of the unused medicine. Make sure it is not consumed by pets, children and other people.