Information about Etomidate
Etomidate is used for General Anaesthesia.
How etomidate works
Etomidate causes a reversible loss of consciousness allowing surgery without pain and distress.
Common side effects of etomidate
Nausea, Rash, Vomiting, Abnormality of voluntary movements, Apnea (absence of breathing), Hyperventilation, Thrombophlebitis, Stridor, Myoclonus, Decreased blood pressure
Available Medicine for Etomidate
- ₹467Troikaa Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹5 to ₹13Nirlife Healthcare3 variant(s)
- ₹565B Braun Medical pvt. Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Etomidate
• Inform your doctor if you have any disorder of the adrenal glands or liver problems or heart conditions.
• You may be constantly monitored during entire anesthetic procedure to observe any signs of low blood pressure, changes in pulse rate, irregular heart beat and ventilation.
• Your ventilation will be carefully assessed to ensure adequate oxygenation and carbon dioxide removal.
• Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
• Patients allergic to etomidate or any of its ingredients should not take it.
Frequently asked questions for Etomidate
Q. Does Etomidate cause hypotension/ respiratory depression/ adrenal suppression?
Yes. Etomidate is known to cause hypotension, respiratory depression and adrenal suppression
Q. Is Etomidate used for conscious sedation?
Yes. Etomidate is used for conscious sedation.