Ethinyl Estradiol + Drospirenone
Information about Ethinyl Estradiol + Drospirenone
Ethinyl Estradiol + Drospirenone Uses
Ethinyl Estradiol+Drospirenone is used for contraception. It may also be used in the treatment of irregular periods.
How Ethinyl Estradiol + Drospirenone works
Ethinyl Estradiol + Drospirenone is a combined oral contraceptive pill. It works by preventing the release of egg (ovulation) and affecting sperm movement in the womb to prevent its union with the egg. It also changes the lining of the womb and renders it unsuitable for pregnancy.
Common side effects of Ethinyl Estradiol + Drospirenone
Nausea, Stomach pain, Headache, Weight gain, Breast pain, Irregular uterine bleeding
Available Medicine for Ethinyl Estradiol + Drospirenone
DronisSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
₹349 to ₹4902 variant(s)
₹310 to ₹5422 variant(s)
YAZBayer Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
Crisanta LSCipla Ltd
AsmitaIntegrace Pvt Ltd
PadminiTorrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd
YanciMylan Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
Expert advice for Ethinyl Estradiol + Drospirenone
- Your doctor has prescribed Ethinyl Estradiol + Drospirenone to help you prevent pregnancy.
- It also results in lighter, less painful and more regular menstrual bleeding.
- It may help reduce the risk of ovarian cancer.
- Take your pill at the same time every day to help you remember to take it.
- You may experience menstrual irregularities such as spotting or bleeding between menstrual periods or missed periods. Consult your doctor if this persists.
- Do not use Ethinyl Estradiol + Drospirenone if you are obese, over 35, smoke, on prolonged bed rest, or have a history of blood clots.
- Stop taking this medicine and inform your doctor immediately if you notice unexplained swelling and pain in your limbs, shortness of breath, chest pain, severe headache, or changes in vision. These could be symptoms of a blood clot in a vein.
- Stop taking Ethinyl Estradiol + Drospirenone and inform your doctor immediately if you notice your skin and whites of the eye turning yellow (jaundice), severe stomach pain, severe depression or if you think you could be pregnant.