Eprosartan is used in the treatment of increased blood pressure , heart failure, heart attack and diabetic kidney disease.
How it works
Eprosartan relaxes blood vessels which lowers the blood pressure and also reduces the workload of the heart.
Common side effects
Nausea, Dizziness, Headache, Itching, Lack of interest, Running nose, Vomiting
AVAILABLE MEDICINENo medicine available
- Eprosartan may cause dizziness and lightheadedness. To avoid this, take the Eprosartan at bedtime, drink plenty of water and get up slowly after sitting or lying down.
- Avoid driving, if you feel dizzy after consuming Eprosartan.
- Avoid taking potassium supplements and potassium-rich foods such as banana and broccoli.
- Notify your doctor immediately if you are or planning to become pregnant.
- Eprosartan should be discontinued a day prior to the scheduled surgery.
- Your doctor may recommend a change in the lifestyle to lower your blood pressure. It may include:
- Consume fruits, vegetables, low-fat dairy products, and reduce saturated-total fat.
- Reduce daily dietary sodium intake as much as possible, ideally to 65 mmol/day (1.5 g/day sodium or 3.8 g/day sodium chloride).
- Regular aerobic physical activity (at least 30 minutes/day, most days of the week).
Frequently asked questions
Q.What is eprosartan used for?
Eprosartan is used in the treatment of hypertension (high blood pressure).