Information about Enalapril + Losartan
Enalapril + Losartan Uses
Enalapril+Losartan is used in the treatment of Hypertension (high blood pressure).
How Enalapril + Losartan works
Enalapril + Losartan is a combination of two medicines: Enalapril and losartan which lower blood pressure effectively. Enalapril is an angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitor and losartan is an angiotensin receptor blocker (ARB). They work by widening and relaxing the blood vessels, thereby lowering blood pressure.
Common side effects of Enalapril + Losartan
Nausea, Indigestion, Stomach pain, Taste change, Diarrhea, Dizziness, Weakness, Cough, Headache, Decreased blood pressure, Increased potassium level in blood
Expert advice for Enalapril + Losartan
- You have been prescribed Enalapril + Losartan for the treatment of high blood pressure.
- Lowering high blood pressure helps prevent strokes and heart attacks.
- It may cause dizziness. Get up slowly when rising from a sitting or lying position.
- It may cause the level of potassium in blood to go up. Avoid taking potassium supplements and potassium-rich foods such as banana and broccoli.
- It can be harmful to an unborn baby. Do not take it during pregnancy or breastfeeding. Tell your doctor if you become pregnant while taking Enalapril + Losartan.