Empagliflozin + Linagliptin
Information about Empagliflozin + Linagliptin
Empagliflozin + linagliptin uses
Empagliflozin+Linagliptin is used in treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus.
How empagliflozin + linagliptin works
This is a combination of two antidiabetic medicines: Empagliflozin and Linagliptin. Empagliflozin works by removing excess glucose from your body through urine. Linagliptin works by lowering glucose production in the liver, delaying glucose absorption from intestines and increasing the body's sensitivity to insulin.
Common side effects of empagliflozin + linagliptin
Urinary tract infection, Nasal congestion, Sore throat, Upper respiratory tract infection
Available Medicine for Empagliflozin + Linagliptin
- ₹710 to ₹780Lupin Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹710 to ₹780Boehringer Ingelheim2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Empagliflozin + Linagliptin
- You have been prescribed this combination medicine as it can control blood sugar better than either one alone.
- It may also reduces the risk of heart attack, heart failure or other cardiovascular events.
- You should continue to exercise regularly, eat a healthy diet, and take your other diabetes medicines (if prescribed) along with Empagliflozin + Linagliptin.
- Take it with food to lower your chance of having an upset stomach.
- Practice good genital hygiene to prevent yeast or urinary tract infections
- It may cause your body to lose too much fluid (dehydration) or you to urinate more often. Drink plenty of water, stay hydrated, and rise slowly if you have been sitting or lying down.
- It can cause hypoglycemia (low blood sugar level) when used with other antidiabetic medicines, alcohol or if you delay or miss a meal. Check your blood sugar regularly.
- Always carry some sugary food or fruit juice with you in case you experience hypoglycemia symptoms such as cold sweats, cool pale skin, tremor, and anxious feeling.
- Stop taking Empagliflozin + Linagliptin and Inform your doctor if you notice joint pains or develop symptoms such as stomach pain, nausea, and/or vomiting.