Information about Eletriptan
Eletriptan is used in acute attack of migraine. It relieves the symptoms of migraine and prevents the attack from becoming worse.
How eletriptan works
Migraine headaches are thought to result from the dilatation of blood vessels in the head. Eletriptan works by constricting (narrowing) these blood vessels, thereby relieving the migraine headaches.
Common side effects of eletriptan
Sleepiness, Neck pain, Dizziness, Dryness in mouth, Nausea, Sensation of heaviness, Weakness, Jaw pain, Throat pain, Paresthesia (tingling or pricking sensation), Warm sensation
Available Medicine for Eletriptan
- ₹138 to ₹308Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Eletriptan
- To relieve migraine as soon as possible, take Eletriptan as soon as the headache begins.
- Lying down in a quiet and dark room for a while after you use Eletriptan may help to relieve the migraine.
- Take Eletriptan only as prescribed by the doctor. Using too much Eletriptan may increase the chances of side effects.
- Notify your doctor if your migraine headaches are occurring more often, than before you started using Eletriptan.
- Notify your doctor if you have used Eletriptan for at least three consecutive months.
- Avoid driving after taking as it may cause drowsiness and dizziness.
- Avoid consuming alcohol when taking Eletriptan, it can cause new and worse headaches.
Frequently asked questions for Eletriptan
Q. What is eletriptan Hydrobromide and how does eletriptan work?
Eletriptan belongs to the class of medications called serotonin receptor agonists. It works by narrowing the blood vessels and reducing inflammation (swelling) in the blood vessels surrounding the brain, also blocks release of certain substance, which helps in relief from headache and other symptoms
Q. Is eletriptan a blood thinner or addictive like narcotic drugs?
No. Eletriptan belongs to the class of medications called serotonin receptor agonists which help in providing relief from migraine headache. It is not a blood thinner and is not addictive
Q. Can I take eletriptan with ibuprofen, tylenol, excedrin, aleve, percocet, tramadol, amoxicillin, topamax, vicodin, cymbalta?
No drug interactions have been known with ibuprofen, tylenol, excedrin, aleve, percocet, tramadol, amoxicillin, topamax, vicodin, Cymbalta. Always consult your physician before taking any medication along with eletriptan.