Information about Duloxetine
How Duloxetine works
Duloxetine works by increasing the levels of chemical messengers (serotonin and noradrenaline), natural substances in the brain that help maintain mental balance and stop the movement of pain signals in the brain.
Common side effects of Duloxetine
Nausea, Headache, Dryness in mouth, Sleepiness, Dizziness
Available Medicine for Duloxetine
SymbalTorrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹54 to ₹2596 variant(s)
DuzelaSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
₹105 to ₹2184 variant(s)
DuvantaIntas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹95 to ₹2144 variant(s)
DulaneSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
₹93 to ₹1363 variant(s)
₹39 to ₹1803 variant(s)
₹71 to ₹1704 variant(s)
DulotinIcon Life Sciences
₹47 to ₹1896 variant(s)
DuxetTorrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹79 to ₹1153 variant(s)
₹108 to ₹1604 variant(s)
DulorenLa Renon Healthcare Pvt Ltd
₹77 to ₹1193 variant(s)
Expert advice for Duloxetine
- Duloxetine helps in treating depression and anxiety.
- It may also be used to treat nerve pain from diabetes and some other forms of chronic pain.
- It may take 2 to 4 weeks for Duloxetine to start working. Keep taking it as prescribed.
- It may cause dizziness and sleepiness. Do not drive or do anything requiring concentration until you know how it affects you.
- Avoid consuming alcohol when taking Duloxetine as it may cause excessive drowsiness and increase the risk of liver damage.
- It may cause an increase in blood pressure, especially during the first month of treatment. Monitor your blood pressure regularly.
- It may cause a sensation of restlessness, especially when you first start taking it. Inform your doctor if this happens to you.
- Talk to your doctor if you notice sudden mood changes or develop suicidal thoughts.
- Do not stop taking the medication suddenly without talking to your doctor.