Information about Doxylamine
How doxylamine works
Doxylamine blocks the action of certain chemical messengers that are responsible for inflammation, congestion, itching, and other allergic reactions.
Common side effects of doxylamine
Available Medicine for Doxylamine
- ₹36S.S.M Pharmaceuticals1 variant(s)
- ₹21Taurus Laboratories Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹19Zest Pharma1 variant(s)
- ₹35Gold Line1 variant(s)
- ₹35Que Pharma Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹29Wiscon Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹28Acron Pharmaceuticals1 variant(s)
- ₹21 to ₹124Orange Healthcare Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹37Albatross Healthcare Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹28Kim Lab1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Doxylamine
- Avoid driving or operating dangerous machinery as it may decrease alertness.
- Avoid consuming alcohol when taking the Doxylamine, as it may cause excessive drowsiness and calmness.
Frequently asked questions for Doxylamine
Q. Is doxylamine addictive/habit-forming?
Doxylamine, if used improperly or for a long-time may cause addiction
Q. Is doxylamine a blood-thinner/anticholinergic/sleep aid?
Doxylamine is not a blood-thinner. But is does have anticholinergic property. It induces sleep and hence, is prescribed for short-term treatment of insomnia as a sleep aid
Q. Is doxylamine safe?
Yes. Doxylamine is relatively safe if used as recommended. In case of any side-effects, consult your doctor
Q. Is doxylamine the same as diphenhydramine?
No. Doxylamine and diphenhydramine are two different drugs from the same class called antihistamines
Q. Can I take doxylamine with ibuprofen, prednisone, pseudoephedrine, Zyrtec, citalopram, or Benadryl?
Yes. Doxylamine can be taken with ibuprofen, prednisone, pseudoephedrine, Zyrtec (cetrizine), citalopram, or Benadryl if prescribed by your doctor
Q. Does doxylamine cause weight-gain, drowsiness, high blood pressure, dementia, diarrhea, tiredness, or Alzheimer's disease?
Doxylamine may cause drowsiness, tiredness, diarrhea, or increase the blood pressure. However, it does not cause weight gain, dementia or Alzheimer's disease
Q. Can I take doxylamine succinate if I have high blood pressure?
Doxylamine may cause increase in blood pressure if you already suffer from hypertension. It is advisable to consult your doctor before use
Q. Is Doxylamine a narcotic drug?
No. Doxylamine is not a narcotic drug.