How it works
Common side effects
- 1 variant(s)
- Tell your doctor if you are experiencing wheezing, or if you suffer from any liver problem, or have a tumor of the adrenal glands (phaeochromocytoma) that causes persistent or episodic extreme rise in blood pressure.
- Do not drive or operate machinery as doxapram may cause dizziness.
- Do not consume while taking doxapram as it may worsen the side effects.
- Use of doxapram is not recommended in children <12 years.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions
Q. Is doxapram a controlled substance?
Doxapram is not a controlled substance, however it is available only on the basis of valid prescription
Q. What is doxapram used for and how does it work?
Doxapram belongs to the class of drugs known as analeptics. It works by stimulating the breathing centre in the brain, thereby increasing the rate of breathing.