Dothiepin is used in the treatment of depression
How it works
Dothiepin increases the levels of chemical messengers in the brain that help in regulating the mood and treat depression.
Common side effects
Sleepiness, Increased heart rate, Weight gain, Constipation, Dry mouth, Difficulty in urination, Orthostatic hypotension (sudden lowering of blood pressure on standing)
- ₹41 to ₹87Micro Labs Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹31 to ₹74Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹33 to ₹64Tas Med India Pvt Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹27 to ₹44Mova Pharmaceutical Pvt Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹51 to ₹67Organic Laboratories3 variant(s)
- ₹23 to ₹72Reliance Formulation Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹24 to ₹53Shine Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹29 to ₹91Orchid Chemicals & Pharmaceuticals Ltd5 variant(s)
- ₹35 to ₹86Kivi Labs Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹27 to ₹52Crescent Therapeutics Ltd3 variant(s)
- It can take 4 to 6 weeks for Dothiepin to start working.
- You should continue the treatment for at least 6 months after you feel better to stop depression from coming back.
- If your doctor asks you to stop Dothiepin, you should reduce the dose slowly over 4 weeks.
- Avoid consuming alcohol when taking the Dothiepin, as it may cause excessive drowsiness and calmness.
- The addiction/dependence potential of Dothiepin is very less.
- It may be extremely dangerous in overdose.