Information about Dorzolamide
Dorzolamide is used in the treatment of glaucoma.
How Dorzolamide works
Dorzolamide is a carbonic anhydrase inhibitor. It works by decreasing the production of aqueous humour (fluid in the eye), thereby lowering the increased eye pressure.
Common side effects of Dorzolamide
Bitter taste, Burning sensation, Eyelid irritation, Stinging sensation, Eye itching, Watery eyes
Available Medicine for Dorzolamide
₹504 to ₹9002 variant(s)
DortasIntas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
MonosoptMicro Labs Ltd
DorsunSunways India Pvt Ltd
EndorEntod Pharmaceuticals Ltd
DorcareIkon Remedies Pvt Ltd
DorzorxIRx pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd.
DazdorNovalab Healthcare Pvt Ltd
Expert advice for Dorzolamide
- Dorzolamide helps lower high pressure in the eye and reduce the risk of vision loss.
- For best results, put one drop 2-3 times daily in the affected eye(s).
- Apply pressure on the corner of the eye (close to the nose) for about 1 minute, immediately after instilling the drop. This minimizes the risk of side effects.
- Do not touch the tip of the dropper to any surface, or to your eye, to avoid contaminating the eye drops.
- Remove contact lenses before using Dorzolamide, and wait at least 15 minutes before re-inserting them.
- When applying multiple eye medications, wait for at least 5-15 minutes before delivering the next medication in the same eye to avoid dilution of the medicine.